Armed "Good Guy" ends probable mass shooting.

EZ-E

Jackenstein extraordinaire
TGT Supporter
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
Really ? Damn. The picture they showed of him looks more like someone who has urine soaked knees from giving $3 blowjobs in one of your lower rent kind of rest area.

In the news video, they say the parents said he was a vet suffering from PTSD & had a gun becuase he liked to hunt. It could have been a suicide by cop attempt....15 vets a day commit suicide from a 2020 statistics.

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
It is always excellent news when a good guy takes down perp (no racial pejorative intended as perp is short for perpetrator and they come in all racial flavors, shapes and sizes) who seemed bent on killing innocents. Also please note no cruelty to animals intended in lauding the shooting of one human being by another (after all humans are animals). Noting that because I just don't want to be misunderstood;).

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
Jun 23, 2014
Whichever caliber does the job is okay by me.
Glenn B,

Some 15 or so years past, the USMS did a study of assorted criminals being stopped/killed while doing or shortly after committing a violent felony.

According to that study the MOST COMMON caliber/firearm used in stopping the criminal was a .38 SPL revolver.
(I suspect that that fact is ONLY true because the .38SPL was likely the most common handgun that was carried at that time by both LEO & civilians for self defense & LE duty.)

yours, satx

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
Glenn B,

Some 15 or so years past, the USMS did a study of assorted criminals being stopped/killed while doing or shortly after committing a violent felony.

yours, satx
A more recent study discussed in a YouTube video, pretty interesting:

I especially like what the guy says about shotguns and one shot stops to head or torso:

The shotgun is the king.
It was my favorite weapon when we went out on narcotics operations; of course, I also liked the MP5. Still now, as I believed back then, the shotgun - specifically the Remington 870 12 gauge - is my friend.

A printing of the actual Ellifritz study can be seen here:

Last edited:

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Dec 15, 2019
Nowhere.....Just here in East Texas.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms