Venture Surplus ad

Armed "Good Guy" ends probable mass shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    One guy goes nuts in an apartment complex screaming for people to come outside. 2 women try to console him and he attacks killing them. He continues to scream for people to clear the building intent on killing whomever comes out.

Then a neighbor with a rifle answers the call steps out and ends the threat.

Outstanding response by the good guy with a gun meeting and ending the crazy evil bastard.

One neighbor, who remains unnamed at the time of this reporting, grabbed his own rifle and bravely exited his apartment to put a stop to the mayhem. The male neighbor fatally shot Arnold, immediately ending the would-be mass killing.

DK Firearms

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I wonder when CNN will run this as sensationalist news to show us that guns are evil. Oh wait ... never mind.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

This sort of LUNACY by armed crazies is WHY the former SENIOR CAPTAIN of our Ranger Service, CPT "Lefty" Block told me that he wished that we had a LOT MORE CHL licensees, as those "armed citizens of good report" is ONE good way to protect the general public from armed criminals.

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Tim Pool talked about this earlier. If the MSM doesn't report on it, does it exist? I doubt they will use it to promote red flag laws without showing many a reason they should have a gun themselves.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ex vet with PTSD.... i smell an excuse for red flag laws coming soon.
    Really ? Damn. The picture they showed of him looks more like someone who has urine soaked knees from giving $3 blowjobs in one of your lower rent kind of rest area.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Outstanding Outstanding outstanding
    source-2.gif

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Really ? Damn. The picture they showed of him looks more like someone who has urine soaked knees from giving $3 blowjobs in one of your lower rent kind of rest area.

In the news video, they say the parents said he was a vet suffering from PTSD & had a gun becuase he liked to hunt. It could have been a suicide by cop attempt....15 vets a day commit suicide from a 2020 statistics.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    It is always excellent news when a good guy takes down perp (no racial pejorative intended as perp is short for perpetrator and they come in all racial flavors, shapes and sizes) who seemed bent on killing innocents. Also please note no cruelty to animals intended in lauding the shooting of one human being by another (after all humans are animals). Noting that because I just don't want to be misunderstood;).

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Whichever caliber does the job is okay by me.

Glenn B,

Some 15 or so years past, the USMS did a study of assorted criminals being stopped/killed while doing or shortly after committing a violent felony.

According to that study the MOST COMMON caliber/firearm used in stopping the criminal was a .38 SPL revolver.
    (I suspect that that fact is ONLY true because the .38SPL was likely the most common handgun that was carried at that time by both LEO & civilians for self defense & LE duty.)

yours, satx

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Glenn B,

Some 15 or so years past, the USMS did a study of assorted criminals being stopped/killed while doing or shortly after committing a violent felony.

yours, satx

A more recent study discussed in a YouTube video, pretty interesting:

I especially like what the guy says about shotguns and one shot stops to head or torso:

The shotgun is the king.

It was my favorite weapon when we went out on narcotics operations; of course, I also liked the MP5. Still now, as I believed back then, the shotgun - specifically the Remington 870 12 gauge - is my friend.

A printing of the actual Ellifritz study can be seen here:

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Top Bottom