• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    MSNBC is about as anti gun liberal as you can get, I'm not sure I would trust their poll. Not only would I suspect they would stack that poll against such a measure, but I don't think many, percentage wise, pro gun conservatives would visit their site to cast a vote. So in other words, I don't think it would be a true representation of Americans on average.

puma guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Near San Jacinto
    MSNBC is about as anti gun liberal as you can get, I'm not sure I would trust their poll. Not only would I suspect they would stack that poll against such a measure, but I don't think many, percentage wise, pro gun conservatives would visit their site to cast a vote. So in other words, I don't think it would be a true representation of Americans on average.
    I don't trust them either, especially with a 30% swing in a matter of hours today, but they will use the results regardless. We still have to try to swing the vote.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lets see if ar15.com can change that :) its now listed as a fire mission there.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Now if they could prove that a poll was taken from only those that have an understanding of guns, I might put more weight behind it.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll make an unpopular comment.

In a professional capacity I interact with a lot on k-12 teachers.
    I've spoken to a half dozen of them this last week.

In my unofficial, unscientific, unverifiable "poll" 100% of them, mostly young women, effectively say "no way in hell" would they or anyone they know want to be armed and trained to take on a crazed school shooter.

The reality is that a teacher with a handgun taking on a modestly proficient AR-15 shooter would be a suicide mission. How many 30-something 4th grade teachers would even consider this?

Painful as it is, there is no non-painful answer to what happened in Florida.

Not unless our society can recruit all the retired special-forces military men and women to be 3rd grade English teachers and HS geometry teachers!! I'll not hold my breath.

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I'll make an unpopular comment.

In a professional capacity I interact with a lot on k-12 teachers.
    I've spoken to a half dozen of them this last week.

In my unofficial, unscientific, unverifiable "poll" 100% of them, mostly young women, effectively say "no way in hell" would they or anyone they know want to be armed and trained to take on a crazed school shooter.

The reality is that a teacher with a handgun taking on a modestly proficient AR-15 shooter would be a suicide mission. How many 30-something 4th grade teachers would even consider this?

Painful as it is, there is no non-painful answer to what happened in Florida.

Most of the teachers that are women are actually k-5... once you get above 8th grade it gets a lot more heavily male... The distances inside of most schools you'd be talking about shooting at are less than 25 yards.. admittedly there are some corridors at my school that are as far as 100 yards, but I'd still rather take my chances with my 9mm than with nothing.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I didn't read the links, but IMHO, teachers are teachers. However, we should have armed security in all schools, as well as access control, and metal detectors.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Not not sure I grasp the objection to ending “gun free zones”. I don’t see any proposed laws “forcing” ANY teacher to carry a firearm. Putting an end to gun free zones, just allows those teachers who have a LTC, to carry. Certainly doesn’t mean they must carry - it just removes the legal penalty if they chose to carry.

Top Bottom