• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I'm a teacher and I have a LTC, so are you saying at the store I'm ok to be around your kids, but in the classroom I'll become a bumbling fool that wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other and just start shooting wildly?

I third this as a teacher who just got home to read all of this crap. I'm guessing the hoosier over there doesn't know that in TEXAS half the teachers are republicans. I call teachers out who are spewing liberal rhetoric. That's against the ethical code. When a kid asks my opinion on politics or religion I tell them I represent the state therefor I have no opinion until they graduate, at which point they are welcome to add me on any social media and see what my opinion is. Many of my former students were shocked lol

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Even though I don't "have a dog in the fight" (my daughter is an adult & my 11YO niece is home-schooled.), it makes ZERO commonsense to me to leave our children defenseless against vicious predators in schools that don't have police and/or trained armed guards.
    Mass murderers are COWARDS & prefer unarmed, pleading, cowering victims or those who are so traumatized that they passively wait for death.

MOST potential mass murderers would "go elsewhere" IF they believe that they will face an ARMED protector. = It's simply a matter of making their mission of mass murder TOO HAZARDOUS to their health/survival to attempt.
    (Even at 71YO, I'm quite willing to be a SHEEPDOG, if needed.)

just my OPINION, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    BEING a teacher doesn't automatically QUALIFY you to carry either. One week gun people rant and rave over the liberal commies in the education community and all the left wing teachers unions then the next week you all want to hand them guns and drop off your kids.

Actually, I don't think anyone wants to force the teachers to be armed. Especially the liberal commies that are left wing. The point is to not ban them from being allowed to carry, again pretty sure the liberal left wing types won't volunteer to carry anyway, so we can still complain about them while having others who want to carry be allowed to do so.

You don't seem to take that part into consideration. Many of us know school teachers who we would have no problem with carrying a concealed weapon around our children. Many of us have also ran across teachers we don't care for, but I haven't run across a single one who I thought wouldn't try to protect their kids.

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    I third this as a teacher who just got home to read all of this crap. I'm guessing the hoosier over there doesn't know that in TEXAS half the teachers are republicans. I call teachers out who are spewing liberal rhetoric. That's against the ethical code. When a kid asks my opinion on politics or religion I tell them I represent the state therefor I have no opinion until they graduate, at which point they are welcome to add me on any social media and see what my opinion is. Many of my former students were shocked lol
    I tell my students something very similar. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Darkpreiest667,

Just 2 football seasons ago, I saw a female HS teacher step between two fighting men (about 18-20YO) & one of whom had a knife.
    She whacked the knife-wielding guy with a heavy purse, sending him sprawling out of the grandstand & backhanded the other, knocking him off his feet.

Mrs. K_________ told a responding county officer that she feared that one or the other fighter would hurt a sophomore girl who was quite nearby. = NOT really smart swatting a guy with a knife with a purse (imo) but nobody can say that she wasn't brave when she needed to be to protect a student.
    (Heroes/Heroines come in all sorts & both genders.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom