• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Same as I'd like to just see the government accomplish the most BASIC, most SIMPLE task you could possibly ask, ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE ON THE BOOKS, before they all start falling all over each other starting new laws. I'd also like to see MOST teachers in most schools just mostly accomplishing the most simple basic task at hand. Just teach the little snots to add, subtract, spell, read and write FIRST. I don't see any point in expecting armed defense with deadly weapons from teaching institution who can't even get the difference between think and thank through people's head.

Can you name three teachers in your entire experience, K-12, you would want to be shooting in the class room with your kids? Responsible for guns in the school. When is the last time you went shooting with a school teacher?

Banks don't hire school teachers to guard the bank in the summer months. There is probably a reason for that.
    How many teachers do you know to base that assumption? Being a teacher doesn't automatically disqualify you from owning and carrying a gun. I'd bet that in Texas alone the average of teachers that have a LTC is probably close to that of the average of Texans that have a LTC.
    Texas SOT

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    busykngt,

My 3rd grade teacher was a BEAST to look at but would be a DANGER to a predator, who tried to prey upon her class. = Mrs. Short LOVED us, even though we were "quite a handful" & a PITA most days.

yours, satx

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So you would rather have an gunman enter a class room with your kids face no armed resistance over someone that is even a horrible shot ? Even if the teacher cant hit the broad side of a barn there is still a chance they might get lucky or the bang of the gun will make the gunman decide to go to a class room without someone willing to retaliate.

Without armed resistance the gunman gets to to go on a turkey shoot where the turkeys are tied to the desk.

I guess I cant comprehend thinking its safer for kids to be in a room with no offense at all over even a bad one. When faced with someone that is coming in there to kill as many as they can.

You people act as though guns just jump up and start killing even when in the hands of a good person.

Same as I'd like to just see the government accomplish the most BASIC, most SIMPLE task you could possibly ask, ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE ON THE BOOKS, before they all start falling all over each other starting new laws. I'd also like to see MOST teachers in most schools just mostly accomplishing the most simple basic task at hand. Just teach the little snots to add, subtract, spell, read and write FIRST. I don't see any point in expecting armed defense with deadly weapons from teaching institution who can't even get the difference between think and thank through people's head.

Can you name three teachers in your entire experience, K-12, you would want to be shooting in the class room with your kids? Responsible for guns in the school. When is the last time you went shooting with a school teacher?

Banks don't hire school teachers to guard the bank in the summer months. There is probably a reason for that.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

Hell I can name 10 from my current school and at least 4 from the school I used to work at.

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016

My mother is one of those sweet little innocent teachers but she will out shot most people at any range I have seen. Add that to the way she wants to take care of her kids and I have no problem trusting armed teachers. Also I am a teacher and when you make arguments like that that it shows just how ignorant you are. Every time you say someone should not be able to carry a gun to protect themselves and others because you feel superior to them you are part of the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If there is a murderous coward in the school I can't think of 1 teacher I wouldn't want armed to defend their classroom.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

When I was in school I learned about something called a "non sequitur".

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    The school in Katy that 2 of my grandkids go to has an entrance that is like a double interlock. You can get in the first door but a staff member has to let you in the next. It is probably not failsafe, but, it would slow a person down long enough to get the alarm out.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It only works if the person does not walk in with the 300 kids going in at the same time with the gun in a back pack or he is not of student age and tries to enter.

Does the school have fencing around it that is easy to scale then that door is worthless

any security is good the more security levels the better and the final one is armed teachers in the room with the kids behind a locked door.

The school in Katy that 2 of my grandkids go to has an entrance that is like a double interlock. You can get in the first door but a staff member has to let you in the next. It is probably not failsafe, but, it would slow a person down long enough to get the alarm out.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    It only works if the person does not walk in with the 300 kids going in at the same time with the gun in a back pack or he is not of student age and tries to enter.

Does the school have fencing around it that is easy to scale then that door is worthless

any security is good the more security levels the better and the final one is armed teachers in the room with the kids behind a locked door.

No, there isn't a fence. I think, like you suggested, this initial restriction and some armed teachers. At this school there is usually an ISD police officer. But, you know how effective they can be. Then there is always the possibility that someone could wait across the street for students coming or going out in the open. In any scenario you're going to have casualties, but armed teachers could definitely minimize them.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Any viable solution isn't going to stop casualties. A person determined to kill can only be stopped once the intentions are known.

That sign stating that teachers and staff are armed in my opinion is the best deterrent, as most mass murderers are looking for soft targets.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Any viable solution isn't going to stop casualties. A person determined to kill can only be stopped once the intentions are known.

That sign stating that teachers and staff are armed in my opinion is the best deterrent, as most mass murderers are looking for soft targets.

Yep.

98% of mass shootings have occurred in gun free zones.

Change that (GFZ) with the schools and the likelihood of a shootout is probably pretty slim.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    How many teachers do you know to base that assumption? Being a teacher doesn't automatically disqualify you from owning and carrying a gun. I'd bet that in Texas alone the average of teachers that have a LTC is probably close to that of the average of Texans that have a LTC.

Nope, it sure doesn't.

BEING a teacher doesn't automatically QUALIFY you to carry either. One week gun people rant and rave over the liberal commies in the education community and all the left wing teachers unions then the next week you all want to hand them guns and drop off your kids.

Do people even THINK about what they say any more or are you all just reading back the last billboard you drove past? How about the janitors, do they possess these super powers and super citizenship status now to?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nope, it sure doesn't.

BEING a teacher doesn't automatically QUALIFY you to carry either. One week gun people rant and rave over the liberal commies in the education community and all the left wing teachers unions then the next week you all want to hand them guns and drop off your kids.

Do people even THINK about what they say any more or are you all just reading back the last billboard you drove past? How about the janitors, do they possess these super powers and super citizenship status now to?
    I'm a teacher and I have a LTC, so are you saying at the store I'm ok to be around your kids, but in the classroom I'll become a bumbling fool that wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other and just start shooting wildly?

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    I'm a teacher and I have a LTC, so are you saying at the store I'm ok to be around your kids, but in the classroom I'll become a bumbling fool that wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other and just start shooting wildly?
    X2....

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    So you would rather have an gunman enter a class room with your kids face no armed resistance over someone that is even a horrible shot ? Even if the teacher cant hit the broad side of a barn there is still a chance they might get lucky or the bang of the gun will make the gunman decide to go to a class room without someone willing to retaliate.

Without armed resistance the gunman gets to to go on a turkey shoot where the turkeys are tied to the desk.

I guess I cant comprehend thinking its safer for kids to be in a room with no offense at all over even a bad one. When faced with someone that is coming in there to kill as many as they can.

You people act as though guns just jump up and start killing even when in the hands of a good person.

"You people act as though guns just jump up and start killing even when in the hands of a good person." I don't know how you come up with the "You people" and your statement is not true, even though I only speak for my self. But if it WERE true I could just as easily say the same for YOU. Except it seems YOU think guns just jump up and start killing bad guys on their own. It's all an asinine argument. Based on nothing but emotional hand wringing. Like a bunch of foolish women.

You'd allow the same school teachers who already are filling your kids head with nonsense about gay rights, abortions, criminal citizens of the world and can't even squeeze in time to teach them to scribble out their names and you want them to function as armed guards in places where YOU SACRIFICE your own rights. You children are taught your beliefs in God and church are for fools. Your political principles are racist, homophobic, gender is just a suggestion, and they should turn you in to the police for a paddling or mowing the wrong grass. Now you want to tell your children teacher is your leader on self defense as well.

Those teachers are still for the most part the same liberal fruitcake panseys today that you all thought they were a month ago.

If you want your schools protected, look at the banks, not the hippie communes.

Who the hell do you people think is coaching and promoting those protests and bus rides to the capital in Florida the past week? You think those teachers haven't been spewing that tripe to those kids all their lives? One coach stood up and made an attempt. What were the rest of these big dogs and constitutional scholars doing? What were they doing the last few years? They all claim NOW they saw it coming. What did they do other than take notes and prepare to make the most of the tragedy once it strikes.

No. I DO NOT support new laws giving super citizenship to one group of people over another. What is good for one, is good for all. If the law applies to ME, it applys to you. IF YOU are exempt then I'm going to ignore it. If my family member is murdered by a gunman or a drunk driver they mean just as much to me as a LEO or a teacher or a congressman or fireman. One class or group of people getting it all in their head they are just so much more special than "regular" people is exactly the root cause behind a lot of the problems in this country. No need for MORE it. We NEED less of it.

The constitution doesn't say it is for teachers, police, veterans, and EMTs.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    BEING a teacher doesn't automatically QUALIFY you to carry either.

No one is saying it does. What has been said is, do away with Gun Free Zones - allow those teachers that have a LTC, to carry if they choose to do so. Don’t make it a criminal offense for teachers who have a LTC, to carry on school property.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sorry, I get a little peeved when I hear people say in one breathe that we need more people carrying in this state and with the next breathe say, but not in the classroom, as if in a classroom they now couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

I will reiterate: I believe teachers and staff should be allowed to carry at schools, but only if they have a LTC, at least then you know they had to have had some proficiency test to receive that LTC.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    My mother is one of those sweet little innocent teachers but she will out shoot most people at any range I have seen. Add that to the way she wants to take care of her kids and I have no problem trusting armed teachers. Also I am a teacher and when you make arguments like that that it shows just how ignorant you are. Every time you say someone should not be able to carry a gun to protect themselves and others because you feel superior to them you are part of the problem.

Looks to me you are the one a little too stuck up for your britches teacher.

When I advocate for someone's right to protect their self, it is for EVERYONE's right to protect their self.

Top Bottom