Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance

Discussion in 'Military Vets' started by Texan-in-Training, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
  2. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Makes me sick to my gut

3. Anthony Provenzano

Anthony Provenzano New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Stop spreading lies

Hey man, don't believe everything you hear. Especially when it comes to politicians. Allen West is a dishonorable man who is using lies to work people up into a frenzy and further his own image. I did some digging and found an article from the Fayetteville Observer, the newspaper local to Ft. Bragg, where this soldier would have been stationed out of given that he was an 82d Airborne officer. This presents the case in a WHOLE new light and I think deserves some serious consideration. Let me know what you think.

Army first lieutenant found guilty of murder, other charges for actions in Afghanistan

4. ArmyZach

ArmyZach Active Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Thanks for the third article.

5. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Interesting. Although from that third article, he sounds pretty guilty. I wasn't there so I have no right to say either way.

6. Texan-in-Training

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Well to start, I think you could be a little more civil in choosing your words. Considering what you have to say about LTC West though, I doubt that's going to happen.
    Thank you for the link to the Fayetteville Observer article. Does sound pretty damning for the LT. I did notice that the comments, which I would assume are more local to the area than not, are split roughly 50-50 as to guilt versus innocence. (One predominant "guilty" voice appears to believe that 9/11 was an "inside job", and falls more into the John Kerry "They're all baby killers" crowd.)
    Back to my original post, I said "I have no other information regarding this...". My primary reason for posting was to draw attention to the possibility that one of our warfighters that daily risk their lives for us, may have been "scape-goated" to serve a political agenda.
    I have either been in the military or been working around the military for the better part of my working life, and I have seen both "scape-goats" and the guilty walk free. It all depended on who was pushing an agenda.
    And welcome to Texas Gun Talk from Rockdale, Texas.

7. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Agree. But, seven months as CO of a combat unit, two months as a Military Judge in a court martial; and after reading both sides, my gut tells me that Lorance most likely got what he deserved.

Where were his NCO's in all this?

8. Texan-in-Training

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    The only mention of an NCO that I could find was in a related article, also in the Observer.
    Soldiers testify at court-martial that leader ordered shootings
    Looks like the LT was five days into his combat command when this took place.

9. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Hate to be second guessing, but in a combat unit it used to be SOP to insure there were seasoned NCO's with young, inexperienced officers. Strange also, and as far as the reporting goes, that apparently the chain of command did not go to bat for the young man? Then again, it ain't your father's military.

10. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    From all I have read, the troops reported the Lieutenant for violating the rules of engagement, for making false reports, and other acts of improper conduct.

Troops don't normally report their officers for misconduct unless the outfit has a bad command climate, a climate which could reach all the way from platoon to division.

Not long ago, the assistant division commander of the 82d Airborne Division (BG Sinclair) was to be tried by Court Martial for numerous violations of the UCMJ, including sexual assault (formerly rape and sodomy).

Now, The Stars and Stripes reports: "Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair’s trial was set to begin Sept. 30, but has been rescheduled for Jan. 7."

This has nothing to do with Obama, but with a corrupted cabal of senior leadership in the United States Army.