• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    What made me mad was on that todd and don show, don made a big deal that it was an "assault rifle".... Like it was a bad and evil weapon
    Its people like that idiot, that get reported on the news and messes it up for the honest people!
    Ive also heard people say ar-15 means assault rifle 15.. Doesnt ar-15 stand for Armalite model 15?

Someone correct me, but wasn't the M16 originally called an AR15? (I mean a select fire rifle)

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Tx Inv. -- Yes I saw your post with the code.. Thank you for posting that! My question still is, how did the media come up with "Illegal AP ammo"?? I'm sure they didn't figure it out on their own.. someone had to have told them... and for those of us who have a very slim trust for the ones who think they are the only ones who should have firearms... well lets just say it doesn't help them any... MG

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    My question still is, how did the media come up with "Illegal AP ammo"?? I'm sure they didn't figure it out on their own.

Someone had a post about a media "reported" arsenal, was Txempt iirc. The "arsenal" consisted of a .22 and one other low caliber gun. I don't remember how much ammo they had on hand, but it wasn't enough to fill a small tool bag.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    D. I realize the "Media" is the one reporting it... but I'm sure they didn't allow the reporters to roam through the house, so you are saying the LEO statement was " he had a rifle" and was turned into "Arsenal" and Illegal AP ammo?? Either way, this fish still stinks! Now, not that this P.O.S. shouldn't be slammed for his MIS-USE of a legal firearm, I would just like to know where the lies started... MG

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Tex42, The Todd & Don Show. I thought those two knuckle heads were off the air for good... too bad, I liked Lisa Frich (sp?) when she was filling in... She has more brains in her little toe than both of those idiots put together... MG

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    D. I realize the "Media" is the one reporting it... but I'm sure they didn't allow the reporters to roam through the house, so you are saying the LEO statement was " he had a rifle" and was turned into "Arsenal" and Illegal AP ammo??

Too hard to say. An ignorant and zealous reporter is going to hear what he wants to hear and report what sells.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Tx Inv. -- Yes I saw your post with the code.. Thank you for posting that! My question still is, how did the media come up with "Illegal AP ammo"?? I'm sure they didn't figure it out on their own.. someone had to have told them...
    As I wrote, the media comes up with all kinds of lies all on their own. And there is a chance that some cop told a reporter something about AP ammo before he confirmed the law.

That said, I don't believe for one second that the police would intentionally make up a charge. They know it cannot be prosecuted, and there are other things the guy could be arrested for.

It is also a crime to arrest someone when you know it is not a violation.

and for those of us who have a very slim trust for the ones who think they are the only ones who should have firearms... well lets just say it doesn't help them any... MG

Who thinks they are the only ones who should have firearms? It is not the cops, and if you think so you have been drinking too much right wing extremism kool aid.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Tex42, The Todd & Don Show. I thought those two knuckle heads were off the air for good... too bad, I liked Lisa Frich (sp?) when she was filling in... She has more brains in her little toe than both of those idiots put together... MG

Nope those two are back after some "sensitive" training.

Your close its:Lisa Fritsch

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There was probably a mention of AP ammo, since the M855 has a steel penetrator cap in it's core, and the media ran with it. The media in all regards is full of morons.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    He will only have to deal with the warrant and an aggravated assault charge- that is all but it will be more than enough for this looney to handle. This is pretty typical Williamson County Sheriff's department over charging- It pumps his bail a little perhaps but the charges will be corrected by the DA's office in short order and then he get some time to think about his actions. He is indeed in deep doodoo in this county. Such a waste for his family, probably lose his job, house etc.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    He will only have to deal with the warrant and an aggravated assault charge- that is all but it will be more than enough for this looney to handle. This is pretty typical Williamson County Sheriff's department over charging- It pumps his bail a little perhaps but the charges will be corrected by the DA's office in short order and then he get some time to think about his actions. He is indeed in deep doodoo in this county. Such a waste for his family, probably lose his job, house etc.

Honestly, it's all his doing. I'm not a person that puts up with pranks, but I'm not about to chase a bunch of kids with an AR15.

I would at least use an M1.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I heard all the retards in Austin calling the Jeff Ward show yesterday. I heard the one lady that said "some of my best memories as a 15 yo were tping houses and ring and runs with my friends" and the guys that said "the guy should have shot them" and of course Jeff Ward calling it an assault rifle.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I heard all the retards in Austin calling the Jeff Ward show yesterday. I heard the one lady that said "some of my best memories as a 15 yo were tping houses and ring and runs with my friends" and the guys that said "the guy should have shot them" and of course Jeff Ward calling it an assault rifle.

Ding Dong Ditch? Ring and Run? These terms are foreign to me. The kids in Channelview had another name for it.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Yeah, here too. I never did find out why "they" apparently knocked that way...

I never liked the term, either. My dad grew up in Great Depression Era Mississippi, so the "N" word was as normal to him as potato. I cringed every time he said it, and he said it ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME!!! Our next door neighbors were black, so you can imagine how embarrassing this could be.

They were a really nice family from Trinidad; well spoken, good job, nice house, went to church every Sunday, 3 kids and a dog... but that didn't change my Dad's name for them. :(

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I never liked the term, either. My dad grew up in Great Depression Era Mississippi, so the "N" word was as normal to him as potato. I cringed every time he said it, and he said it ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME!!! Our next door neighbors were black, so you can imagine how embarrassing this could be.

They were a really nice family from Trinidad; well spoken, good job, nice house, went to church every Sunday, 3 kids and a dog... but that didn't change my Dad's name for them. :(
    My grandmother was the same way, from TN and lived next to a black family. My brother married a girl who was part black and that led to some odd conversations especially once alzheimers set in. Is Ken still married to that "N"? eventually she substituted "colored girl" but occasionally it would still fly out...

Top Bottom