• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=8014006

What a big deal about a bullet. Carve it out, and eat the damn thing.

What do they think hunters do?

"Hello, FDA? Yeah, I shot this doe, and I found a bullet in it."

The lead poisoning is funny. The animal obviously survived with the lead bullet in it, but somehow their son is going to eat a bullet (he must be a snake) and die.

Classic example of overdramatic idiot parents. Oh no, my child! ... ugh. 100 years ago they would have told him to keep it as a souvenir, and to clean his plate.
    Texas SOT

Austin Cowart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    wow this is exactly why i dont read or watch the news anymore! my God they will do anything to strike fear into people's hearts! What a bunch of BS!
    The mother of a boy with a weakened immune system, Hernandez said she immediately had lead-poisoning concerns.
    "Oh my God, I said that could have been dangerous, especially for my son," she said. "I could have killed him. He is already on medication, and if I had given this to him with his immune system so low, I could have ... it might have killed him."
    But the growth hormons that the cow has been given since birth are just fine! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I hate stupid news!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Not to mention that they are feeding him meat with a reduced immune disorder. They think lead poisoning is going to get him, but forgo salmonella and e-coli as active threats.

Idiots.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Looks like a .22LR round to me...

I had some duck that an uncle of mine shot once. Once I realized why there were lead pellets in the meat, I just made note not to bit down too hard and spat out a dozen or so of them by the time the meal was over.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Looks like a .22LR round to me...

I had some duck that an uncle of mine shot once. Once I realized why there were lead pellets in the meat, I just made note not to bit down too hard and spat out a dozen or so of them by the time the meal was over.

Put hair on your chest didn't it. :p

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I HATE stupid people... Oh hell! I guess that means I hate most people.

Amen. I got some equal opportunity hate going on these days. We really need to start educating the masses. This histeria/ lack of intelligence by the general population is getting out of hand. My ex who was a hunter no less, would not eat meat that had been shot with a gun. She too was afraid of lead poisoning. She had no problem feeding said "poisoned" meat to her 8 and 10 year old siblings. Stupid ****.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    wow this is exactly why i dont read or watch the news anymore! my God they will do anything to strike fear into people's hearts! What a bunch of BS! But the growth hormons that the cow has been given since birth are just fine! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I hate stupid news!

QFT. I haven't eaten store-bought beef for a year and a half now for this exact reason. I eat venison I shot myself, and occasionally some chicken and fish (none from China though). People that would complain about something like a little lead, but not see the problem with all the other crap pumped into commercially raised livestock need to get real.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    QFT. I haven't eaten store-bought beef for a year and a half now for this exact reason. I eat venison I shot myself, and occasionally some chicken and fish (none from China though). People that would complain about something like a little lead, but not see the problem with all the other crap pumped into commercially raised livestock need to get real.

This is when it is really nice that my parents run cattle. I've got a freezer full of home-grown goodness and they want to send us more.

Austin Cowart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    another thought

I wonder if they drink water seeing as it has lead, other heavy metals, menerals not to mention many different types of perscription drugs that are washed down sinks and whatnot. Oh man I hope the kid doesnt have to breath air either. He might be in trouble! Carneyman if you ever run out of room in your freezer just let me know!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    We should be complaining about our water being messed with.A little lead in your diet will not kill you unless it is inserted by a bullet in your head.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I wonder if they drink water seeing as it has lead, other heavy metals, menerals not to mention many different types of perscription drugs that are washed down sinks and whatnot. Oh man I hope the kid doesnt have to breath air either. He might be in trouble! Carneyman if you ever run out of room in your freezer just let me know!

Heck, if I ever have time to make it to a meet/BBQ, I might be able to get some brisket or something...at the very least hamburger meat. Course, I would expect someone else to bring the beer.

Top Bottom