0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    They didn’t have any business going out there. You can’t get Code Next worked out. We have a homeless problem and can’t seem to get contracts for public safety worked out and you are more worried about people who broke the law to get here and don’t pay taxes. They neglected their duties to go on this field trip. People are stupid if they re-elect any of these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    People are stupid if they re-elect any of these people.
    You are correct on all points, but they will get reelected due to the makeup of the Austin voting base.
    If I was younger I would move, but after numerous major moves in my life I just don't feel like have another one in me. So far it is still easier to stay than to move. At some point in the not too distant future; however, I will need to downsize considerably and that is when I'll move. Until then I just grit my teeth and bear it.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    You are correct on all points, but they will get reelected due to the makeup of the Austin voting base.
    If I was younger I would move, but after numerous major moves in my life I just don't feel like have another one in me. So far it is still easier to stay than to move. At some point in the not too distant future; however, I will need to downsize considerably and that is when I'll move. Until then I just grit my teeth and bear it.
    Could be worse... you could live in Boulder and been made a criminal overnight by the city council.

They banned Assault rifles (with a law they said they're still revising, but it's in force now), unless you register them... but there is no method to register them- It was asked if a BGC from an FFL could be done and the city said it had to be done by the police, so it would be more thorough (which is an outright lie, they will run the same CBI BGC at the station as an FFL would... (and then illegally register the firearm- violation of state law)) They now have 2 lawsuits pending over this bovine scatology, and are totally disregarding state law.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Could be worse... you could live in Boulder and been made a criminal overnight by the city council.

They banned Assault rifles (with a law they said they're still revising, but it's in force now), unless you register them... but there is no method to register them- It was asked if a BGC from an FFL could be done and the city said it had to be done by the police, so it would be more thorough (which is an outright lie, they will run the same CBI BGC at the station as an FFL would... (and then illegally register the firearm- violation of state law)) They now have 2 lawsuits pending over this bovine scatology, and are totally disregarding state law.
    That's why I don't live in Boulder. And anything, anything at all, can always be worse.
    No, when the time comes, I'll be looking at smaller conservative cities west of here, or to smaller towns in friendly conservative states. I've had it with big cities.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    That's why I don't live in Boulder. And anything, anything at all, can always be worse.
    No, when the time comes, I'll be looking at smaller conservative cities west of here, or to smaller towns in friendly conservative states. I've had it with big cities.
    I meant that as a word of caution- if Boulder gets away with it, Austin may well feel empowered to do similar gestapo tactics. It seems like Colorado is where the leftists like the test the waters for furthering their Californication of the nation.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Isn't that a no go in Texas because of state law?
    It should be a no-go in Boulder because of Colorado state law... they're blatantly violating state law (on purpose).
    In other words, they're not letting a little thing like the law stop them from trying to further their agenda.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Even here in Texas every single major city is left of center and some like Austin are almost off the map. But there is hope! We have counties in Texas that could be outposts for gun owners and the conservative thinkers:

I offer you this:

A beautiful county inside the Texas Hill Country proper!

Size: 2,120 square miles

Pop: 2,162 in 2000, 1,894 in 2015 and less now. The pop has declined in every census since 1910 when it had 3,768.

Racial makeup: 83.26% White, 0.79% Black or African American, 0.79% Native American, 0.14% Asian, 12.72% from other races, and 2.31% from two or more races.

Median income for a family was $27,083, so your money goes a long ways.

The elevation varies from 1,500 feet to 2,410 feet. The average annual rainfall is twenty-two inches. The temperature ranges from 34° F to 62° in January and 71° to 97° in July; the growing season lasts 250 days, beginning in mid-March and ending in late November. The eastern section of the county has generally rolling terrain, with many hills and caves. The western region is typically flat. The county is situated upon a major limestone deposit surfaced with dark, calcareous stony clays and clay loams that principally support oak, juniper, mesquite, and cedar trees, as well as prairie grasses. The County has more than fifteen natural springs that flow year-round. The vegetation, temperature, and abundant water supply make this an ideal area for many types of game animals, including white-tail deer, javelina, turkey, and quail. The area is rich in iron ore and sulfur and has some silver deposits, though these have not been mined or developed. It also has some producing oil wells.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Even here in Texas every single major city is left of center and some like Austin are almost off the map. But there is hope! We have counties in Texas that could be outposts for gun owners and the conservative thinkers:

I offer you this:

A beautiful county inside the Texas Hill Country proper!

Size: 2,120 square miles

Pop: 2,162 in 2000, 1,894 in 2015 and less now. The pop has declined in every census since 1910 when it had 3,768.

Racial makeup: 83.26% White, 0.79% Black or African American, 0.79% Native American, 0.14% Asian, 12.72% from other races, and 2.31% from two or more races.

Median income for a family was $27,083, so your money goes a long ways.

The elevation varies from 1,500 feet to 2,410 feet. The average annual rainfall is twenty-two inches. The temperature ranges from 34° F to 62° in January and 71° to 97° in July; the growing season lasts 250 days, beginning in mid-March and ending in late November. The eastern section of the county has generally rolling terrain, with many hills and caves. The western region is typically flat. The county is situated upon a major limestone deposit surfaced with dark, calcareous stony clays and clay loams that principally support oak, juniper, mesquite, and cedar trees, as well as prairie grasses. The County has more than fifteen natural springs that flow year-round. The vegetation, temperature, and abundant water supply make this an ideal area for many types of game animals, including white-tail deer, javelina, turkey, and quail. The area is rich in iron ore and sulfur and has some silver deposits, though these have not been mined or developed. It also has some producing oil wells.

Oh do tell.
    Land? Only $87,000 an acre.

Top Bottom