• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    If you like any sort of privacy or independence, a Condo (which means an HOA) is likely to be a bad choice. If you've never had the joy of dealing with an HOA.. think of the most corrupt invasive government you can think of.. then you're in the ballpark. YMMV, but if I ever have to deal with another HOA, it will be my undoing.
    Most folks think Hitler committed suicide, he didn't, he moved to America where he founded HOA, just live under one one time and you will never live under one again...
    Yuse guys..... if you don't like the rules don't move there. Simple, no? If you didn't read the restrictions before you bought in, that is on you. I have no sympathy.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Yuse guys..... if you don't like the rules don't move there. Simple, no? If you didn't read the restrictions before you bought in, that is on you. I have no sympathy.
    You seem to be under the impression that HOAs in general are even moderately competent. The "rules" don't matter if the HOA doesn't abide by them and makes stuff up on the fly. Being in an HOA is only 1 rung separated from the lowest ring of Hell. Plus, I prefer to have pay some HOA tax on top of everything else.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    You seem to be under the impression that HOAs in general are even moderately competent. The "rules" don't matter if the HOA doesn't abide by them and makes stuff up on the fly. Being in an HOA is only 1 rung separated from the lowest ring of Hell. Plus, I prefer to have pay some HOA tax on top of everything else.
    You seem to think they are some form of government.

They ARE NOT. They are a non-governmental entity granted governing powers by home/property owners.

The consitituion does not limit their powers like it does government. What you pay to them are NOT taxes, they are fees... because they are a corporation you have entered into a contract with. A corporation run by a board.

They should be avoided at all costs, all of the problems of big government with little constitutional protection and little accountability.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Then why did you move there? I have no sympathy whatsoever for people that knowingly move into a deed restricted neighborhood (HOA), or didn't bother to read the rules before they did, then bitch about it.

Top Bottom