• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Somebody please dredge up all the shit the hildabeast has thrown at Biden.
    The left is grabbing at anything they might get to float. Their brand is so full of holes that nothing can keep it bailed out enough to float!
    Target Sports

Reactions: gll

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So I wonder how that would work? Would this be a constitutional crisis? I mean at that point, neither the President nor the VP would have been duly elected (or have the appearance of being elected).
    Not really.
    With the order of succession as it is now, if POTUS and the VP both die at once, there would not be an elected POTUS in office. At least not the one elected specifically to the office.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    With the order of succession as it is now, if POTUS and the VP both die at once, there would not be an elected POTUS in office. At least not the one elected specifically to the office.

The Order of Presidential Succession consists of elected officials up to the Secretary of State (fourth in line). Presidential Succession Act of 1947 restored the speaker of the House and president pro tempore of the Senate to the line of succession—but in reverse-order from their 1792 positions—and placed them ahead of the members of the Cabinet, positioned, as before, in the order of the establishment of their department.

Of course, the House elects its speaker at the beginning of a new Congress so I see your point; but the individual is an elected one as is the President pro tempore of the US Senate (currently Patrick Leahy, a Democrat).

In fact, the only "unknowns" (no party affiliation) at the moment are the Defense Secretary (Lloyd Austin) and Merrick Garland (Attorney General), 6th and 7th in line respectively. Otherwise, the entire 16 individuals in succession for the presidency are all Democrats.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Which is why I qualified my answer that neither the POTUS or VP would have been elected to the office. Although they would be elected officials.
    My senario;
    Biden is ousted or steps down.
    Harris becomes POTUS and nominates;
    Clinton for VP.
    Harris is impeached, making Clinton POTUS. Then nominating someone at least as bad for VP. But not someone that would be a threat to her. Like someone from the squad of imbiciles.

Things really could be worse than they are. Is it possible? Or probable?
    Good God I hope not.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Either that or they oust Biden, Harris appoints Clinton VP, and one way or the other they get Harris out.
    So I wonder how that would work? Would this be a constitutional crisis? I mean at that point, neither the President nor the VP would have been duly elected (or have the appearance of being elected).
    We've done basically the same thing before. Spiro Agnew pleaded no contest to tax evasion and resigned as VP. The Senate replaced him with Gerald Ford. Nixon resigned. Ford became President. Ford nominated and got Nelson Rockefeller as his VP.

IOW, it's completely possible for the USA to have both a President and Vice President without either of them ever being subject to an Electoral College vote.

That situation is not a constitutional crisis.

At most, it's an odd historical hiccup,

Top Bottom