• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Just came across this picture on Facebook...

The zig-zag lines in the middle of the picture are the berms with the pistol range closest and the 600 yard lanes near the power lines. The divider berm separates the 100 yard lanes from the 200+ lanes. The check-in office is the little island with the light on the right. Skeet/trap range is in the foreground. Notice that Westheimer is under water as well.

13178809_1024794807558117_3809397131492258262_n.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I saw that, too. Is there a time frame for when the water will recede? I've been meaning to go there

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    My son lives over by Langham Creek near Hwy 6 & West Little York, & he calls me on his way home from work quite often.

Our normally 20 minute conversations have become hour long conversations, the main subject of which are "this flooding has traffic all screwed up and I hate it! But, even worse, are the assholes that lose thier friggin' minds in this mess! Aarrrrgggghhhh!", or something very close to that effect.

I told him when he bought his house that area was prone to flooding. I put up with it for 18 years when I lived in Sugarland and worked at Compaq on 290 or 249.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Yep... My commute also stinks... I live in the Copperfield area (Barker Cypress and 529 by Langham creek HS) and commute down to the Westchase area (BW8 west and Westheimer). I used to go down Queenston and over to HW6 to get to I-10 but now I also have been taking the Beltway. Except I've been leaving earlier to try to beat the rush. Hwy 6 is supposed to be closed at least until the end of May - probably longer by the time the water is drained off and they can inspect the roads, repair any damage, etc.
    My son also plays baseball in Bear Creek Little League but all the fields are under water and supposedly all the league's equipment is a total loss. They've been playing a few games at alternate fields but they're not going to be able to get all their games in for the season.
    Oh well, play the hand you're dealt!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Yeah, my 1 hour 20 minutes commute from the Galleria area to Katy in the evenings shot up to 2 hours solid. Could always be worse though....we had no flood damage.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Just came across this picture on Facebook...

The zig-zag lines in the middle of the picture are the berms with the pistol range closest and the 600 yard lanes near the power lines. The divider berm separates the 100 yard lanes from the 200+ lanes. The check-in office is the little island with the light on the right. Skeet/trap range is in the foreground. Notice that Westheimer is under water as well.

13178809_1024794807558117_3809397131492258262_n.jpg

Not surprised. The Addicks reservoir was heavily flooded. They have been draining it for what feels like weeks at this point.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Addicks is north of 10, Barker (Where ASC is located) is south. Only about another 1.5 feet to drain until the area is passable, both my local shooting range and dog park are in Barker. I'm ready to use both frequently again. Puppies are getting cabin fever and my trigger finger's itchy.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Addicks is north of 10, Barker (Where ASC is located) is south. Only about another 1.5 feet to drain until the area is passable, both my local shooting range and dog park are in Barker. I'm ready to use both frequently again. Puppies are getting cabin fever and my trigger finger's itchy.

Katy has an AWESOME dog park fyi-way better. Much larger with trees and grass and a nice sidewalk path all around. Dogs aren't as hemmed in in a tight spot and much calmer. Lots of squirrels for your older dogs to play with.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Where is it zincwarrior? Might be worth checking out. The good thing about the Millie Bush dog park is it's 5 minutes from my house and generally filled w/ good people and dogs.
    Edit: Is it the one on Franz road? I've considered going there but it's hell to get out that way in rush hour.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    If y'all get the weather we had last night, it'll be a major setback.

We were supposed to have rain today, but so far its just been some sprinkles. Fair amount of wind, but no rain. Rest of week is supposed to be pretty decent until Friday(just HOT). Hopefully its ok for the Comp-Tac state match.

Where is it zincwarrior? Might be worth checking out. The good thing about the Millie Bush dog park is it's 5 minutes from my house and generally filled w/ good people and dogs.
    Dog Park, 5414 Franz
    Opened in March 2007, our off-leash park for dogs of all sizes is open 7 days week from dawn to dusk and is one of the city’s most popular attractions. The 14 acres offer lots of grass and trees with a 1,723 foot walking path, a wading pool for dogs, custom dog showers and fountains accessible for both the four legged friend and their owners. The park also hosts pet friendly events throughout the year such as our annual HOWL-o-WEEN and PAWS in the Park events.
    https://www.yelp.ca/biz/city-of-katy-dog-park-katy

some good pics
    https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en...ved=0ahUKEwiX9_fl2M3MAhXmyoMKHZ2aB9UQoioIdDAK

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Sent you two. There is also Shiloh but that may be a bit out of your way. Look up Shiloh shooting range incase you work out that way and can catch during the week. There's also one at an indoor range on I10 I believe between downtown and Katy but for the life of me I can't find it again.

PM MREED. He's a traveling man and I think has been about some ranges to be helpful.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    When rain threatens they close the Damns because they don't want flooding down stream. Hopefully they will open them back up now that the weather has passed.

Top Bottom