Ask an officer

IndyDave1776

Jan 9, 2021
Indiana
It was just forgotten? Seriously? I know more than a few people that lost their license's back in the 1970's and 1980's for drag racing, speeding and other such offences.

When you dig a hole, you really dig a hole! Do you need another shovel?
I don't know how the did things in Texas but it wasn't until the late 80s that you had that in Indiana unless you did something just off the charts stupid.

The added bonus is that out of state tickets, so long as they were paid, almost never had so much as a whisper follow you home.

Maybe we are seeing why Indiana conservatives like Texas but most of our libertarians consider it a right-wing police state.

IndyDave1776

Jan 9, 2021
Indiana
Don't have a clue, because I don't live in Indiana. Also you joined a Texas gun forum. Texas being the key word and the vast majority of the members are Texans.
This is true. I failed to see the rule stating that information not specific was prohibited.

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
LEO’s be in this thread like “Oh, here’s an interesting topic, maybe I’ll answer some questions. This is a a pro law enforcement community after all. Let me just read the first 9 pages to get caught up.”

*9 pages later*
View attachment 242283
Just imagine how folks who don't like cops treat them...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

seeker_two

TGT Addict
Jul 1, 2008
If this is still the "Ask A Cop" thread, then I have a question.....

What fictional character (movie, TV, literature) inspired you to become a LEO?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Brains

Hey! Relax!
Apr 9, 2013
Spring
lol this thread is ... yeah.

I will say this, I have a pretty good opinion of cops. I've done some off the charts stupid stuff (mostly traffic/speed related) over the years, but thankfully the cops were human and either let me off the hook or gave me an out. Also thankfully I've grown up a lot and don't do (as much) silly stuff like that anymore. I've become good friends with a handful of people in law enforcement, and honestly I'm happy that every single one of them understands the world isn't as black and white as the laws we write. I want cops out in the field to think, to use their best judgement.

Chew on this. If the US ever devolves into a SHTF situation, those cops need to be members of and friends of their community FIRST. We don't want jackbooted thugs blindly following the directives of their leaders. We need cops to understand that WE have their back if they're put into that type of a situation. If they're being told to put the proverbial boot on our neck, we need to know they'll be able to feed their family after they say no and lose their job. To me that's what 'supporting our cops' really means. If one of my friends gets fired because he refuses to follow an unconstitutional order, he needs to know I'm going to quite literally give him the money he needs to pay his mortgage until he can find other work.

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
Someone should change the title of this thread.

The original idea was a good one, but this sure ain't the place for it now. Very entertaining though, so carry on.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members