• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I don't know how the did things in Texas but it wasn't until the late 80s that you had that in Indiana unless you did something just off the charts stupid.

The added bonus is that out of state tickets, so long as they were paid, almost never had so much as a whisper follow you home.

Maybe we are seeing why Indiana conservatives like Texas but most of our libertarians consider it a right-wing police state.
    Casey, Il is a cool town. Northern Illinois, not so much.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I don't know how the did things in Texas but it wasn't until the late 80s that you had that in Indiana unless you did something just off the charts stupid.

The added bonus is that out of state tickets, so long as they were paid, almost never had so much as a whisper follow you home.

Maybe we are seeing why Indiana conservatives like Texas but most of our libertarians consider it a right-wing police state.
    All I can figure is that you had to have lived in a different Indiana than I did in the early 80s... and Andy Griffith must have been your sheriff

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    All I can figure is that you had to have lived in a different Indiana than I did in the early 80s... and Andy Griffith must have been your sheriff
    I could have my memory contaminated with crossover between issues regarding operators' licenses and chauffeurs/CDL licenses. I recall the point system for the operators being changed dramatically in the direction of tightening the noose and I recall the introduction of the CDL which generalized licensing which had previously been a state issue such that the replacement system was geared toward putting people out of business and has tightened down on that goal with every "update" since then.

One huge difference in the federalization that came with the introduction of the federally-driven CDL replacing the state-driven chauffeurs license is that if you got an out of state ticket as long as you paid it it never found its way home to your state's licensing agency unless someone was being vindictive. The feds have seen to it that stopped. Another change is that you get points against a CDL regardless of fault. This was introduced by Ray LaHood during the Obama years--i can have my truck parked in a legal parking space, be in bed sound asleep, and if there is a collision, my license gets hit just as hard as the license of the fool who hit my truck. Similarly, a few years ago some fool slid through a stop sign into my truck while I was driving down a highway. I took just as hard a hit to my license as if I had been 100% at fault. If you try to contest this you will be informed that not being at fault is not grounds for challenging the point assessment.

Incidentally, you are right about the sheriff. When I was younger we weren't too far from having Andy for sheriff.

Last edited:

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Every time you post something, you sound more like a Democrat.

I have lawyers & Judges in my family.
    I know a thing or 2 about how the law works.
    99.9% of lawyers are nothing more than officers of the court.
    It's all about laws being used as revenue generators.

To learn about illegal traffic citations, you should read Sec. 545 of the Texas penal code.
    I don't expect you to understand what it means tho.
    You are always confrontational about everything someone says.
    You should find something better to spend your time on.

Patience and tolerance with our children is a mature attribute to posses....

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LEO’s be in this thread like “Oh, here’s an interesting topic, maybe I’ll answer some questions. This is a a pro law enforcement community after all. Let me just read the first 9 pages to get caught up.”

*9 pages later*
    View attachment 242283
    Typical TGT nonsense.

It works wonders for the community.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Typical TGT nonsense.
    1611677501111.png