• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    It occurred to me from points brought up I've seen in some threads I've seen that we could really benefit from a thread that's dedicated to general Q&A while making use of TGT members who happen to be police officers.

I'll not put on the spot the several TGT members who I believe to be police officers, but it could be helpful for any such TGT members if you would choose to identify yourselves and what type of officer you are; county, city, state, federal, etc. maybe even also what you might specialize in; highway/city patrol, detective, CSI, court/penitentiary, vise, border patrol, etc.

I'm not speaking for TGT, but I'll start it off with a statement of support that I hope is shared by all fellow TGT members:
    We thank you for your service; putting yourselves in harms way to protect us and especially those of us who can not protect themselves. In today's crazy world where police are often not seen with respect and departments are being defunded; know the we here at TGT don't feel that way. We respect you and support you, your badge, your oath, and the office you hold.

And I'll take the liberty of asking the first question(s):
    As an officer, I expect that you overwhelmingly see the worst of our society. This must have an adverse affect upon you. Has being a police officer changed you? Does it cause you to have a pessimistic view of our society and most everyone you see, you suspect as being the worst of our society? Does your department offer counseling for such thing? If so, do officers take advantage of it?
    Guns International

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Officer Doofy, reporting for duty!

1611248777674.png

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I am not a LEO, but for some reason I get to sit in a lot of Police cars. I try to explain that the damned motorcycle is turning me into a criminal and they let me warm up a while before sending me on my way. They also provide useful information about the best place to eat. Truckers can no longer be trusted. Have you seen the bellies on those guys?

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    I bet all of you gladly accept those illegal tickets when getting pulled over.
    My father was Highway Patrol..........now deceased.
    I know 100's of LEO's in different dept's.
    I'm not currently LE & won't go into my background.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I bet all of you gladly accept those illegal tickets when getting pulled over.
    My father was Highway Patrol..........now deceased.
    I know 100's of LEO's in different dept's.
    I'm not currently LE & won't go into my background.

Illegal tickets?

Are you a sovereign citizen?

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I support law enforcement and law enforcement officers but only the good ones. As for anyone who may say you are 100% for law enforcement - are you really? I was a LEO for 32 years plus. I despise law enforcement officers who are, in the course of their duties: generally dishonest, who use their position to unduly influence others, lie under oath, turn off their body cameras or dash cams when they should be on, take (even try to persuade someone to give them) freebies or bribes, are criminally corrupt, violate people's rights, look the other way when they witness another LEO violating the law or otherwise commit crimes. I am not talking about minor violations in their personal lives like speeding or stuff like that but about serious violations committed in the course of their official duties.

I reported at least 3 officers during the course of my career whom I witnessed violating the law, or regulations in a serious enough manner, to get me to report them. One officer, with the NYPD but assigned to a joint narcotics task force with the U.S. Customs Service (now defunct) Office of Investigations, decided to enter a holding cell and proceed to beat the crap of of a prisoner who had been arrested for smuggling heroin internally. He had been held at a medical facility until he passed all the pellets of heroin. Evidently he was able to secrete one, probably by swallowing it again after having passed it in a bowel movement (yummy) and also was able to steal a syringe or at least the needle end from the medical facility. While in the holding cell, awaiting transport to a federal jail (guess who was supposed to transport him) the officer saw him attempting to inject the heroin by seemingly mixing it with saliva and trying to blow it through the needle into a vein. So, the officer took it upon himself to go into the tank, confiscate the contraband, then challenge the perp to a fist fight. When the smuggler just stood their evidently in utter disbelief or too stoned to know what was going on, the officer took a boxers stance and began pummeling the guy until bloody. It happened very fast but when the few of we others who were there yelled at him to stop it, he finally ceased hitting the guy.

I despise pieces of shit like that officer. All other officers should report scum like him to superiors or Internal Affairs or its equivalent but all to often they do not for fear of being ostracized. After reporting him, out of about 20-25 NYPD officers assigned to the task force - only one would talk to me; even one or two fellow Customs Special Agents and one Asssitant Special Agent in Charge avoided me. The cops would not speak to me even for official business (unless in the presence of a supervisor when they assured they would not get in trouble for disregarding official business). Those officers included a couple I had considered very good friends with whom I had worked for years. Why? Because of the so called blue wall of silence.

Years later, one of the other officers who had been in the group saw me at a retirement party, she walked over and started chatting me up like we were the best of friends. She had not talked to me for at least the year or two that I still worked in the same group after I reported the incident. I actually asked her if she knew to whom she was speaking and she said my name with a big smile on her face. When I reminded her of that incident and of her not talking to me afterwards while still employed by the NYPD, she said ' You were 100 percent right in what you did. **** that other officer he and should have been sent to jail or at least should have been fired (neither happened and that was a travesty of justice orchestrated by a District Attorney to subpoena me for a day that was in the middle of my vacation – a prepaid cruise with no refunds - with an unsigned and thus worthless subpoena – all a sham so they could say I never showed up to testify at a departmental hearing and they dropped the charges). Back to the female officer at the retirement party: She then in essence said, ‘That was then and this is now and she had been doing the blue wall of silence bit but she knew I was right all along’. I told her to go **** herself and walked away. In my mind she was as bad as the cop who beat the prisoner.

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    Illegal tickets?

Are you a sovereign citizen?
    Every time you post something, you sound more like a Democrat.

I have lawyers & Judges in my family.
    I know a thing or 2 about how the law works.
    99.9% of lawyers are nothing more than officers of the court.
    It's all about laws being used as revenue generators.

To learn about illegal traffic citations, you should read Sec. 545 of the Texas penal code.
    I don't expect you to understand what it means tho.
    You are always confrontational about everything someone says.
    You should find something better to spend your time on.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

To learn about illegal traffic citations, you should read Sec. 545 of the Texas penal code.

I completely disagree with you about him. It also appears you don't know nearly as much as you think

#1, the Texas Penal Code does not have a Section 545.
    #2. I have done the research, and traffic enforcement does not generate positive revenue in the overwhelming majority of cases. There are some small towns in Texas that make a profit from it, but a very small percentage.
    #3. If you meant to refer to section 545 of the Texas Transportation Code, then please enlighten us as to what part of "Operation and Movement of Vehicles" refers to illegal traffic citations.

:laughing::roflfunny:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Ahhh, the you sound like a Democrat bullshit. Thanks for the reveal. I should have known when the "I wont reveal my super secret but super humanly impressive background " comment was laid down. A typical man child too wrapped up and ego dependent in their own opinions to function like an adult and explain when asked. You spewed the crap, back it up or at least STFU when questioned.

Oh, I dont think Democrat means what you think it means. Nasty creatures to be sure, but a democrat isnt anyone you think doesn't guzzle your particular brand of cool aid.

I would still love to hear the answers to my question. If you have any.

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    My ex SIL is a with the SO.
    When I first saw him in uniform I didn't realize that he was wearing a vest as it perfectly matched his uniform shirt.

When I worked for the armor car companies and as a armed SO for some high risk accounts I wore a vest pretty religiously. On my small frame it stuck ou ta little, but I assume that 3A soft armor has come a long way in the last 20 years.

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    #1, the Texas Penal Code does not have a Section 545.
    My bad, I meant Texas transportation code Sec. 546.
    Might want to do your so-called research on Sec. 547 while you're at it bud.

#2. I have done the research, and traffic enforcement does not generate positive revenue in the overwhelming majority of cases. There are some small towns in Texas that make a profit from it, but a very small percentage.

That's sooooo funny right there.
    Tell that to everyone who pays the outrageous fines that comes with a ticket.
    Millions of $$$$ is collected every year that goes to the counties & state.

It's obvious you're not a lawyer at all or understand the intents of it...........good luck with that one.
    I haven't been stopped in years & when I was (in the past) I never got a ticket.

Illegal use of emergency lights & sirens in a traffic stop, that is NOT an emergency is illegal. That simple.
    I'm not going to debate someone who doesn't understand the spirit of the law & how it works.

Top Bottom