astro range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by txpete, Mar 28, 2008.

1. txpete

txpete Member

Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    just a bad day at the range today.I wanted to dial in my t/c contenders on the rifle range.one which is a 10" scoped 223 and explained to the range asst. that I would be firing a pistol at the 25 yard line to dial in the scope.he said no problem and it was ok.the rifle side range has a 25 yard zero line just for doing this.
    well the long story short is the range owner saw me shooting my "pistol" on the rifle side and pulled my membership card and then when I asked to talk to him about it he refused.the lady in the office was nice and said she was sorry but thats just the way he is.
    so just a heads up guys.y'all might want to pass on this range:(
    pete

oh yea the 10" bull t/c is a tack driver:banger:with the 1.5x4 burris scope.
    2008_0325tc2230003.gif

2. LHB1

LHB1 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    His range, his rules, his money to lose if he discards enough paying customers and the word gets around. Don't think I would go back even if he reinstated my membership.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Pretty dumb of him. At worst he could have politely asked you to go to the pistol range.

4. txpete

txpete Member

Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    it was pretty sad.my buddy that was with me is a cwo in the army at ft hood and he couldn't believe the the guy or how he acted.the range at ft hood is free I'll just shoot there.
    pete

5. ctxpta

ctxpta New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Lockhart, Texas
    CTXPTA.com

Sorry to hear that. Would have at least thought you would have gotten a warning or we need to move you to another area.
    On another note and I hope I am not going to far...since I am not supposed to advertise I will just say that there is a user friendly range in the Central Texas area that is outdoor, allows FMJ, holster draw, etc. as long as you can do so safe and hit the berm etc. Maybe someone else can help by giving you the name. (please remove if this is to much)
    Matt

6. Slim

Slim New Member

May 16, 2008
    check this out
    http://ctxpta.com/

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    LOL.

8. longtooth

longtooth Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Free shoting!!! THat is your best deal then.

9. plexreticle

plexreticle New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    There is a range (Stan's) right across the street that 100% better than asstro.

I went there once and will NEVER go back. Both the woman and man that run it act like they are the only range within 100 miles. The range looked like a junk pile. They won't allow earplugs you have to wear earmuffs. They have several form to fill out including listing you next of kin. Then they keep your dossier in some cheap file cabinet.

They treat the customers like fools. I hope they go out of business soon.

10. charlie-6

charlie-6 Member

Mar 6, 2008
    central texas
    I went their 2 times total the people that runs that so call range is SICK, never go again, they should be close down and run out of town. :hammerhead: