• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    AI will be out at the Shooting Range this coming Friday (20th) starting about 0900 and hope to hang out until I meet as many new people as I can or the owner kicks me out. I will be running around looking for 9mm ammo for the fun.... wonder if it would work for me to make up a sign and stand on the corner that says, "Will work for Ammo".

Addendum: I have a facebook. Welcome to hunt me down by name Tom Harkness.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it out there today Tom. I'm going to have a busy day today unfortunately.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    I made it to the range but was a little late... had to go swim some laps and hunt down some 9mm. Finally found some at Academy but bought the last 300 rounds on the shelf (Wife is going to kill me when she sees what I spent).

I spent the day out at the range and fired up about 100 of those rounds. Got to spend some time with the owner and talk with his new assistant. Lots of stuff covered in that meeting. Astro's has a new website but it is new to say the least. For right now, it is "Parked" at http://astro.scfh.net. That is only a temporary site for now. Still, the site has got some good info on it.

Mr. Williams likes the idea of a CHL Socializing group for talking about laws, rules, safety, and shooting techniques.

I will try to set up more classes for both weekdays and weekends in the near future. I would like to also discuss Emergency First Aid concepts for Pistol Ranges. That will come later on… need to get the group up and running first.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well you can definitely count me in, I'm always down for conversing and learning on subjects of this nature. The first aid stuff is another good idea.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    As a firefighter, I don't always get a weekend off. Actually, I never really get a full weekend off unless I am on vacation. As a general rule: I get every third Saturday off. I will be off from the fire department on the 28th only because I have vacation. I will be teaching the Level III refresher course that Saturday. However, next Sunday the 29th I plan on going out to the range again.

I will try to spend a portion of every weekend out there for the CHL Socializing group. I have also talked with one of the workers out there about reloading. He has extensive experience with reloading and I think it would be a great thing to have him teach a class on it.

http://astro.scfh.net

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Spent the day out at the Shooting Range and learned some new and interesting things. The are in the process of building several new ranges and one range is designed for specialized training.... that has a lot of possibilities! From ALERRT training to Combat Lifesaver Training. Got some high hopes for doing some teaching out there in the near future. The owner seems like a great guy... one of the workers there is sore of an expert on reloading too.

Top Bottom