• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...first-responders-arrested-in-the-13043617.php

At least 14 first responders in Bexar County were arrested in the first six months of 2018, according to San Antonio Express-News archives and records.

The 14 served with the county's three main law enforcement and emergency response agencies: the San Antonio Police Department, San Antonio Fire Department and Bexar County Sheriff's Office.

Three were charged with family violence, three with sexual assault, two with drunken driving and two others with official oppression.
    DK Firearms

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I read a story about a SA cop who beat his girlfriend with a rock but didn't get arrested.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Probably not a huge percentage of the overall force in question.

I do find it interesting though that a quick google search doesn't tell you the numbers of folks employed, you do quickly find the 1 star review average for the SO and 3 stars for SAPD. Odd how the left leaning places only trust cops to have guns, but also don't trust the cops to do anything right.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Probably not a huge percentage of the overall force in question.

I do find it interesting though that a quick google search doesn't tell you the numbers of folks employed, you do quickly find the 1 star review average for the SO and 3 stars for SAPD. Odd how the left leaning places only trust cops to have guns, but also don't trust the cops to do anything right.

Someone posted in a thread elsewhere these 14 cops arrested is greater number than the LTC holders arrested in Bexar county this year. Not sure if that was a factual statement or just a guesstimate but it seems reasonable to me.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hmmmm? Should we now seek help from LTC holders rather than cops?

Generally speaking, the last agency I want help from is a law enforcement agency.

I’m not putting down LEOs, but reality is their job performance is measured through confirming criminal activity. Like it or not, if LE is called, the chances of someone getting arrested is high.

The average responding patrol officer is biased to arrest someone. That’s why the current advice is “be the first to call the cops”. The first guy to call gets to tell his story from a position of advantage.

Same theory as the guy that throws the first punch isn’t the one that’s penalized. It’s the guy that punches back. Why? No one sees the provocation.

Same theory as being judged by 12 than carried by six.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    The cops gotta come from somewhere. They are a minority representation of society is what I use to tell people. Throw in the stress and crap they put up with and it isn't hard to fathom why some might have an issue. I'm not excusing unlawful behavior. If you did it and get caught, well you deserve the consequence regardless if you are a cop or Harvey Weinstein.
    Is patrol biased towards arrest? In today's culture, I would say even less so. Hell, I see Cops and Live PD and yell at the TV with what they let the scroat bags get away with. Cops and lawyers have one thing in common, no one really wants them around well until you really need one.
    As for Job performance rating, it is a bit more than just confirming criminal activity.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    Hmmmm? Should we now seek help from LTC holders rather than cops?

Based on how much I see some of the guys who I know carry train? Not so sure that’s a great idea enter.. lol

I’ve noticed a higher amount of news stories and even some movies / TV shows depicting the LEO’s doing some bad stuff. I think some is left generated, so not a fan of that.

Bad people exist everywhere, but it’s particularly bad when someone has made and oath to protect and defend but does that to a child. If guilty cut his dick off and shoot him.
    Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Based on how much I see some of the guys who I know carry train? Not so sure that’s a great idea enter.. lol

I’ve noticed a higher amount of news stories and even some movies / TV shows depicting the LEO’s doing some bad stuff. I think some is left generated, so not a fan of that.

Bad people exist everywhere, but it’s particularly bad when someone has made and oath to protect and defend but does that to a child. If guilty cut his dick off and shoot him.
    Problem solved.

I think the real issue is how abused "qualified immunity." Police can get away with various rights violations and be protected because they will claim ignorance of the law and a judge will let them off the hook claiming that it was reasonable.

The rest of us know we will not get the same privilege so we are generally more cautious about how we use force.

IMO if qualified immunity could be restricted then the issue of bad cops would slowly be cleared up as the bad ones would be held personally responsible.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    A gun and a badge scream power and absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

I remember when I put on a gun and a badge, for me it was nothing, I had carried a gun for years on the ranch. Prob half the time when I went out to do chores I strapped gun on because the chances of an encounter with a snake had a HIGH probability when working fence, around the coral or around the lake in the spring thru the early fall months.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In the vein of innocent until proven guilty, an arrest does not equal a conviction. But an arrest generally is supported by either probable cause or discretionary arrest authority laws and department policies.

LE bad apples being arrested, tried, and convicted is a good thing, as is barring the individual from further LE work anywhere.

What really caught my eye in the article is this, “The Bexar County Sheriff's Office topped the list with 10 deputies arrested...”

That points to a culture problem.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Times have changed. Police brutality used to be encouraged. But they were doing it to criminals, so nobody cared.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    93E7B047-4452-46E6-A58D-72B37EC67926.jpeg

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I think the real issue is how abused "qualified immunity." Police can get away with various rights violations and be protected because they will claim ignorance of the law and a judge will let them off the hook claiming that it was reasonable.

The rest of us know we will not get the same privilege so we are generally more cautious about how we use force.

IMO if qualified immunity could be restricted then the issue of bad cops would slowly be cleared up as the bad ones would be held personally responsible.
    I never saw that in 20 years. In fact, a lot of DAd have no issue charging officers now, more so than when I was in it. So somehow the judges have it in with the cops?? C'mon.
    Most civilians don't realize that police can be charged twice in state and then federal court.

Honestly, I would not tell anyone to be a patrol officer now. The deck is stacked against them and many civilians get the policing they deserve.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I never saw that in 20 years. In fact, a lot of DAd have no issue charging officers now, more so than when I was in it. So somehow the judges have it in with the cops?? C'mon.
    Most civilians don't realize that police can be charged twice in state and then federal court.

Honestly, I would not tell anyone to be a patrol officer now. The deck is stacked against them and many civilians get the policing they deserve.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    1967: Was shook down one morn about 3 am driving my buddies car, he was asleep in the back after a late night with his GF. Cop said I was speeding, far from it, his car only had a 6 cyl and IIRC it was a 57 Ford box stock, cop claimed I was doing 75 in a 50 as I was driving thru HickTown. Told me we would have to remain in town till the Judge come in Monday am about 9. I said no can do we are soldiers stationed at Ft Sill and need to be at formation at 6 am this morn. He says well you can pay the fine now!

OK, how much is the fine?

How much you guys got?

He was not all bad he left us with a $5ver to buy gas and took $37 bucks from the 2 of us, all we had.

OR

1998: The time I was on a 3 day weekend, riding my Harley on the back roads and around lunch I looking to eat. Passed thru HickTown saw a lock hamburger joint. Pulled in, parked in front, walked up and ordered a burger and fries and water, sat down at the table to keep an eye on my bike.

Police car pulls in, next to my bike, officer gets out and stands there looking it over. Nothing new, seen lots of folks do that, got a good like bike.

Few min later Sheriffs car pulls in the other side, he gets out and they are both looking real close and talking. They come inside and walkup to the order bar and are talking to the guy I ordered from and I still don't have burger or even water.

2 LEO's walk over and one asks is that YOUR bike BOY? Yes Sir?

Get on and get the hell out of my town, Sheriff chimes in with and get out of my county BOY, we don't allow no biker trash here!

OK, can I get my burger, its paid for!

No and you better get moving NOW! I get up and they follow me till I get to a sign saying enter new county. I'm still hungry and about $10 buck lighter.

Top Bottom