• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    No cable/internet service out here at all, and satellite sux - according to neighbors. Sooo...

TXPython357 goes online through Verizon; their cell service coverage here is excellent; and he has that all bundled up, his phone, wifi-s, internet, etc...

Re AT&T though...
    I'd used Verizon for decades (phone) until they pissed me off royally (long story, doesn't matter) so last Christmas I switched my phone service to Patriot Mobile. LOVE THEM. Was given a choice between the 3 'providers' that had decent coverage out here (Verizon,AT&T,dont recall the 3rd, T-Mobile maybe?); told them NOT Verizon - so they hooked me up on the AT&T pipes. No problems whatsoever -

Maybe that's the ticket. Interfacing with a small outfit, with excellent customer service, to get to the big infrastructure. That and I like what Patriot Mobile embraces.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    ATT sucks cause they have had the worst customer service in the industry for now on 4 decades I know of.

They just don't care cause they are big enough to give zero phucks.

Boycott and cancel culture, the organized campaign of destruction, of any one or thing is just as retarded as ATT customer service is bad.

Just go elsewhere and move on.

IMHO ofcourse
    When they split and recombined, they didn't go back to the old structure. AT&T operates like a bunch of small companies, with one boss who they hate. Coincidentally each unit doesn't know what the others do but they also know they can't help either. So they'll happily transfer you to someone who will happily transfer you to someone who will happily transfer you to someone who will happily transfer you to someone who will happily transfer you.

The consumer side is ironically in better shape than their enterprise services. You can typically find the person you need, and if you give them your courtesy and respect they'll generally do their best to help. I have AT&T fiber at home (only connection that offers 1GbE symmetric), and on install day they contacted me to replace everything. They were changing setups, so the previously installed stuff had to go. Existing was GPON with an exterior wall mounted ONT connected to an interior gateway over copper. The new setup was simpler, fiber coming into the building with an integrated ONT/gateway/WiFi router device. Install calls for them to establish a demarc on the inside wall immediately adjacent to the ingress point. I was able to talk my installer into making me his helper, and we pulled the fiber all the way through the attic and into my wiring panel at the opposite side of the house. Much cleaner install than sitting my router on my workbench in the garage.

On the enterprise side, the trick truly is finding the one person who actually can or will help you. Once you get there, things typically sail pretty smoothly, but the journey will typically take a couple hours if it's something at all out of the ordinary.

But then there's the billing aspect, which is always a disaster. Especially enterprise. I've lost track of how many disputes I've filed, and credits we've received to correct the invoicing over the decades.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    My ATT cell service is excellent.

I don’t know what OAN or Newsmax is, I’ll check them out.

Fox news is propaganda just like MSN or CNN.

I’ll pass on your offer to unite on this one.
    We use Consumer Cellular at about a third the cost of the AT&T bill we used to get. Consumer Cellular uses the same AT&T network and we use the same phones. If AT&T telephone service is great where you are, check out Consumer Cellular. They also use T-Mobile network if that is better in an area.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    We use Consumer Cellular at about a third the cost of the AT&T bill we used to get. Consumer Cellular uses the same AT&T network and we use the same phones. If AT&T telephone service is great where you are, check out Consumer Cellular. They also use T-Mobile network if that is better in an area.
    I switched to Consumer Cellular about a year ago and I pay $31 for one line. And the service is great. I began with $21 a line and the Texas PUC implement a increase in wireless tax of around 18-20%.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've had ATT since the 90's. Was able to add kid phones for around $25/month, and we all had unlimited phone and data for many years. Service is great, and often was available when others not on ATT were with me, and couldn't get a signal. I have had zero issues with ATT over my 25+ years with them.

I've kind of lost track of who we should be boycotting. I think everyone is / has been on the list over the last 20-30 years.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Wife & I just dropped ATT and Direct TV.(been customers for 30+ years)

I'm getting DISH installed on Sunday. (if the weather lets the guy install)
    <>
    We had switched to DirectTV, b/c “Dish” was unreliable.

They all try to load one with the leftist commie TV propaganda.

”Firestick” keeps trying to divert me to ABC/Disney B-S “news” services.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company for 35 years and retired in 2002. Early in my career, ATT was charged by a govt judge of being a monopoly and split up the "Baby Bells". That was the best thing that happened, IMO. SWBT flourished during those years. The day I retired in 2002, ATT took over SWBT and some of the others ...............and have since ruined the quality and service of the communication business. I have discontinued all of my ATT concessions because of incompetence and untrustworthy service they provide. Such a shame that ATT has gone the way of the leftists!
    Yes, precisely.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Please read the entire string in the thread.
    More especially the original post.
    One has to question if this is an adverse reaction to cariprazine or aripiprazole.
    Espousing AT&T is undertaking these activities is clinically indicated.

" No matter the late ‘’Rush’’, boycotts can be effective. But to be effective, they must be widespread.

Please understand that this enemy has poisoned our children, plans to kill us, and to enslave those same children. This is critical.

We are in a WAR of the newest kind, and must use whatever weapons we stil have to fight."

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    More especially the original post.
    One has to question if this is an adverse reaction to cariprazine or aripiprazole.
    Espousing AT&T is undertaking these activities is clinically indicated.

" No matter the late ‘’Rush’’, boycotts can be effective. But to be effective, they must be widespread.

Please understand that this enemy has poisoned our children, plans to kill us, and to enslave those same children. This is critical.

We are in a WAR of the newest kind, and must use whatever weapons we stil have to fight."
    To late and to much drink to be using big words tonight. Be kind to us simple folk.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    No cable/internet service out here at all, and satellite sux - according to neighbors. Sooo...

TXPython357 goes online through Verizon; their cell service coverage here is excellent; and he has that all bundled up, his phone, wifi-s, internet, etc...

Re AT&T though...
    I'd used Verizon for decades (phone) until they pissed me off royally (long story, doesn't matter) so last Christmas I switched my phone service to Patriot Mobile. LOVE THEM. Was given a choice between the 3 'providers' that had decent coverage out here (Verizon,AT&T,dont recall the 3rd, T-Mobile maybe?); told them NOT Verizon - so they hooked me up on the AT&T pipes. No problems whatsoever -

Maybe that's the ticket. Interfacing with a small outfit, with excellent customer service, to get to the big infrastructure. That and I like what Patriot Mobile embraces.
    I dumped those scumbags (Verizon) after 20+ years last year and FINALLY went with Patriot. I haven't regretted it. Patriot is a great, Conservative, Christian company. AMAZING customer service.

Top Bottom