• TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    <>

A brief search tells AT&T still owns ~ 70% of Direct TV; now called ‘’DirecTV Stream’’.

We knew about StarLink.

leVieux
    If you’re only looking at the current equity position you don’t understand this deal in specific or corporate business in general. I suggest you look deeper to understand the business arrangement, it’s pretty complex, but the basics are AT&T took a 70% equity position to complete the sale with the intention to fully divest over time, as TPG Capital couldn’t provide 100% financing. But AT&T only holds 2 of 5 board seats. That’s not a controlling interest in a long term relationship as AT&T has with other investments, and that’s not the position of a company that is setting policy for what channels are carried.

I've been watching this specific deal for 3 years and with all due respect laVieux, the words in your posts show significant ignorance about AT&T and DirecTV / Stream.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    If you’re only looking at the current equity position you don’t understand this deal in specific or corporate business in general. I suggest you look deeper to understand the business arrangement, it’s pretty complex, but the basics are AT&T took a 70% equity position to complete the sale with the intention to fully divest over time, as TPG Capital couldn’t provide 100% financing. But AT&T only holds 2 of 5 board seats. That’s not a controlling interest in a long term relationship as AT&T has with other investments, and that’s not the position of a company that is setting policy for what channels are carried.

I've been watching this specific deal for 3 years and with all due respect laVieux, the words in your posts show significant ignorance about AT&T and DirecTV / Stream.

After reading your last paragraph, your saying that @leVieux, or anyone,has to know about a subject before making a statement about said subject?

What you said makes sense to me.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.

Thank you. A well-studied, accurate and brief, summary of the facts. It is so refreshing, thank you, just seems insufficient.

Last edited:

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Oh for Pete's sake, people, does it REALLY matter who sits on what board or who owns 51% of a company? Verizon, AT&T, Dish, Direct, Coke, Pepsi, Paramount, Universal (I could go on, but I'm pretty sure you get the point), they ALL blow and they are ALL trying to diminish our Conservative ideals. Therefore, IF an alternative exists, why would you spend your hard earned money with any of these scumbags, scumbags that demonstrate their bias against Conservative principles everyday? I would like to think we could all agree on that point.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    And before anybody asks:

View attachment 370834

"As a species, we must harness the strengths of a globalized world to rebuild it in a way that can defend itself against the ever-present threat of global viruses. In doing so, we can rebuild in a way that allows the most vulnerable to thrive and create new systems to be more resilient against the ravages of nature."

There's the hook. It all springs from that.

Remember the TIMING of how fast that book was written - written ahead of time and ready to be released (?!?), found a publisher, was manufactured/printed and was put out for sale?

I mentioned that whole DEAL and was scoffed at by some people in other places on the WWWeb and in person.

Plus, some of the SAME people, laughed at the words, THE GREAT RESET, when the sons of guns aka DIRTBAGS aka CONTROL FREAKS at the WEF (Gag!) used them in all kinds of meetings from financial to health to you name it in subject matters!

But some people, you know who and NOT you, did not LIKE those comments even though the Powers that Be at the WEF @ DAVOS USED THEM, they were heard and filmed saying them, they were in transcripts, in that one book if not more, etc.

Funny how that crapola works, eh, when it comes to closed or laughed at so called DISCUSSIONS?!

Take care and keep warm.

Blessings to you and your wife.

Cate
    PS: Thanks for bringing this up here too.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Fools.

Guys in the 60s and 70s were saying beware the new world order. It's all written on the dollar bill. They have been trying since Woodrow Wilson.

The truth is always somewhere in between. You can't see that with your tinfoil hats on so tight.

The enemy is marxism no matter what words they use to describe themselves they are marxists. Weather they claim to be the leftists or the far right they are marxists. They pit groups against each other so they can operate freely in the background of thr chaos.

DONT BE A MARXIST TOOL.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Fools.

Guys in the 60s and 70s were saying beware the new world order. It's all written on the dollar bill. They have been trying since Woodrow Wilson.

The truth is always somewhere in between. You can't see that with your tinfoil hats on so tight.

The enemy is marxism no matter what words they use to describe themselves they are marxists. Weather they claim to be the leftists or the far right they are marxists. They pit groups against each other so they can operate freely in the background of thr chaos.

DONT BE A MARXIST TOOL.

THIS is true. Thank you!

The left and the right do this all of the time.

Take care!

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    The RIGHT does not always tell the true story in many, many cases. Or they just don't cover the story (Or stories.) at all because it does not fit into the narrative or suit their audience. I know this for a fact! (Same as with the LEFT.)

I would give examples of this but it would veer off topic here.

Plus it is difficult for me to type.

They are just as guilty as the LEFT is in many cases.

But when some people only see/listen/read to ONE side of the 'news' or in their books or with their online research ALL of the time, they really can't form an honest opinion in MY opinion.

I choose who to boycott when it comes to my OTA - over the air free boob tube reception. MOST of the time, the tv is not only turned off but unplugged.

This goes for Holly-weird and the music industry.

I don't care what some EX or PRESENT president says any more than I do than if some people in the film or music industry says what we should do for a boycott or in support of whoever or whatever.

I make my own decisions.

I have Century Link for a landline house telephone. If I could get Blackfoot Telephone to work here - I would but I can't. Been there - done that. I had them in the Sapphire Mountains for a landline and for an isp connection.

We do not have any cellular telephones. ADDED more here.

I hate SPECTRUM aka Bresnan for our ISP. I can't find a substitute.

I would quit Spectrum but my husband says he wants an ISP connection here in the house. He pays for it too.

Almost all of our cheapo movies and shows were donated to the library too.

We still have some classics here but less and less as time goes by.

The news media and the industry (TV, movies, music, books, newspapers online and in print, etc.) don't call it PROGRAMMING for no reason.

It is one big psyop to another one in many cases. NOT in all of them but in many cases.

That is how BOTH sides work when it comes to news and shiny things to follow.

Cate

Last edited:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    The RIGHT does not always tell the true story in many, many cases. Or they just don't cover the story (Or stories.) at all because it does not fit into the narrative or suit their audience. I know this for a fact! (Same as with the LEFT.)

I would give examples of this but it would veer off topic here.

Plus it is difficult for me to type.

They are just as guilty as the LEFT is in many cases.

But when some people only see/listen/read to ONE side of the 'news' or in their books or with their online research ALL of the time, they really can't form an honest opinion in MY opinion.

I choose who to boycott when it comes to my OTA - over the air free boob tube reception. MOST of the time, the tv is not only turned off but unplugged.

This goes for Holly-weird and the music industry.

I don't care what some EX or PRESENT president says any more than I do than if some people in the film or music industry says what we should do for a boycott or in support of whoever or whatever.

I make my own decisions.

I have Century Link for a landline house telephone. If I could get Blackfoot Telephone to work here - I would but I can't. Been there - done that. I had them in the Sapphire Mountains for a landline and for an isp connection,

I hate SPECTRUM aka Bresnan for our ISP. I can't find a substitute.

I would quit Spectrum but my husband says he wants an ISP connection here in the house. He pays for it too.

Almost all of our cheapo movies and shows were donated to the library too.

We still have some classics here but less and less as time goes by.

The news media and the industry (TV, movies, music, books, newspapers online and in print, etc.) don't call it PROGRAMMING for no reason.

It is one big psyop to another one in many cases. NOT in all of them but in many cases.

That is how BOTH sides work when it comes to news and shiny things to follow.

Cate
    I couldn't agree more.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    <>

NRA has such a « list ».

Mine is:

Disney
    CNN
    AT&T
    Progressive Insurance
    Levi Strauss
    Yeti
    COSTCO
    ABC
    NBC
    CBS
    PBS
    All newspapers except Dallas Morning News & Midland Reporter-Telegram
    PEPSICO/Frito-Lay
    Sara Lee
    SubWay
    APPLE
    Microsoft (Although it is impossible to get completely away from them & ……………Google)

And, for a very different reason: VIKING appliances

leVieux
    That's a good list leVieux.

We have a more extensive list floating around here somewhere I've seen but can no longer find. I was just recently looking for it...

Which auto parts store(s) are we boycotting?
    I seem to recall that AutoZone is one to avoid but I done recall why.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    We can have serious discussions and disagreements without name calling. We Texans should be able to stand together because of our strong heritage and protection of our rights.
    I agree, but the attitude of your @Eastexasrick was plenty far from participating in a serious discussion here and I give kiddos to @leVieux for having a cool head - he responded with way more kindness than I would have.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

<>

’’A brief search tells AT&T still owns’’

I did not claim expertise on the workings of the deal.

I am guilty only of repeating things from a trusted media source.

My early career was in private Medicine, I owned (w/ other investors) and I managed multimillion $ facilities. Wife & I were tied for #2 investors in The Bank of River Oaks. My Family has owned radio station ‘’media broadcasting’’ outlets.

So, I’m not completely ignorant; but I never claimed expertise.

What I, and many others, see is this disturbing trend of corporate executives who are EMPLOYEES of shareholders to dictate company policies based on their disturbing ‘woke-ism’’, while violating the two major principles of business management: 1) Preservation of capital & 2) Make a PROFIT !

I have been told by many others, with more detailed knowledge than I, that AT&T Upper Management was behind the exclusions of both OAN-News and NewsMAX from ’’Direct TV’’ & its successor corporation.

We ALL must be more active in the battle against Tyranny ! Our enemies already have great advantage.

leVieux

Last edited:

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf

I am guilty only of repeating things from a trusted media source.
    You probably should have dug a little deeper. Your media source is wrong.
    I have been told by many others, with more detailed knowledge than I, that AT&T Upper Management was behind the exclusions of both OAN-News and NewsMAX from ’’Direct TV’’ & its successor corporation.

This was discussed on a conference call w/ John Stankey ~ 2 years ago. (I assume you know who he is.)
    There are specific, listed business criteria in order to be carried. (None are “did you donate to FJB IN 2020”, ”who do you donate to” or political as such.)

Literally hundreds to thousands of news and “other content” (some pretty bizarre ) sources didn’t make the criteria cut. Every year. Not just OAN and Newsmax. The specific criteria is focused on audience and other (non-political) factors. And the ability to help the bottom line, brand value, partners, adjacent verticals and customer satisfaction (and not preservation of capital).
    If you look hard enough you can find that criteria. Ask your media sources. They *SHOULD* know.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I agree, but the attitude of your @Eastexasrick was plenty far from participating in a serious discussion here and I give kiddos to @leVieux for having a cool head - he responded with way more kindness than I would have.
    Sorry Tip but when you toss in the current involvement of the Nazi party as any part of your serious discussion your credibility falls below -0-. I do not ask for or expect any kindness from anyone invoking them.
    But on a lighter note, poisoning kids, enslaving them, killing all of us, depopulating the world, the new world order, the nefarious acts of the Illuminati, the Templars, the Masons, is always great conversation starter for your serious discussion.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    You can download Ubuntu Linux for free and try it out.
    I use it and it works great.
    Where I work 95% of the servers and 80% of the desktop computers are running Linux.

One time during a concall with a major investment bank we were talking about their back end (I work in the client side of the business but we often deal with communication with the servers) and they were running WINDOWS SERVER 2016 and I said "Uh Why are you doing that, do you actually care about security and reliability or do you just tell your customers that to make more money" LOL I got quite a bit of ass chewing but 2 calls later they announced to us they were moving their database infrastructure to Red Hat.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Fools.

DONT BE A MARXIST TOOL.

Back at ya!

The WEF has NOT been around since Woodrow Wilson, who did more to change the U.S. than any other president.

While it is true that they are ideological Marxists, they are much more. Marxism is only one of their tools.

Big diff between the marxists in the U.S. that want to change the nation, and have been very patient about it until O'Bummer. And the WEF that wants to rule the world... changing the U.S. is only one step in that direction. WE are the fools that are falling at the feet of both the WEF and China.

All you need to know about the WEF is what they have already told you in speeches and books. Pay attention!!!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    After reading your last paragraph, your saying that @leVieux, or anyone,has to know about a subject before making a statement about said subject?

What you said makes sense to me.

There are statements of fact, and there are opinions.

This is a DISCUSSION board. I really wish some members would stop trying to stifle others.

Top Bottom