At the Grocery store and....

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by TreyG-20, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I was at HEB doing some shopping. Get up to the registers when I see heavy set woman wearing a, "Wish I could get a Government bailout" T-shirt. She paid for her whole cart full of food with food stamps.

Mind blown.

2. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    thats messed up, but not surprising

3. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    It's the victim mentality. No matter what handouts they get, they always deserve more.

4. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Shoulda said " Hey, you gotta bail out card. YOU'RE WELCOME!"

5. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Honestly, I see more abuse of the hand outs than I see anyone having them for the intended purpose. Just pisses me off. I don't mind telling people they are stealing money from everyone who is willing to work for a living or that a man who would rather use good stamps than work is not a man because he is NOT supporting his family.

6. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Well their overlords do remind them they have the "right to food, housing, healthcare and on and on.

7. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And our money......

Government sanctioned theft.

8. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    While listening to a syndicated talk show that originates from Houston (OK Michael Berry) he wa talking to a clerk from TN who works in the state's food stamp program. She related that she was interviewing a woman who was looking for an increase in her monthly allotment because : Purchased a NEW LEXUS and the payments made it difficult for her to feed her family ! Of course this made my brains explode, but i bet to that woman she must have felt entitled to it.

9. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    A friend of mine, his wife died and he was genuinely struggling as a single parent raising two kids. He got on some kind of assistance for awhile then got back on his feet. He went into the benefits office to tell them he didnt need the help anymore and he basically had to plead with them to let him off of it.

10. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas
    I believe that too.. :mad: