Military Camp

At the range what distance do you practice most at?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I vary from near and far (whatever max distance the indoor range allows), just to keep it fun and interesting. I'd say that most of my pistol shooting is at 7 yards, but not exclusively. I do some target shooting and some quick reaction type shooting as well. I enjoy my range time and actually shoot my .22s a lot more than my centerfire rifles/pistols. It's all about getting trigger time and burning some powder. cheers!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I practice, at 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards, every time I go to the range, with every different pistol or revolver I own. Once I've re familiarized myself with whichever firearm I have, I then concentrate on 7 and 15 yards, for about 25 shots at each range. During the week before one of our local competitions, I'll practice with whichever gun I'm going to use that week, ten rounds in 15 seconds at 7, 15, 20, 25 yards, and every shot needs to be with in the 4 inch circle at every distance. No, I'm not always successful, but I have accomplished a perfect 500 on occassion. So, since I know I can do it, anything less is a disappointment. My last 4 scores were 476, 489, 496, 491. Close, but no cigar!

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    Though it takes time, but its better to work that 25yrds. There is a reason why the NRA 25yrds pistol idea remains famous. 25yrds will expose bad habits. it might be a good idea to try couple rounds at 25, then work group tightness as you move the target closer. Don't limit your training scope with the thought that most defensive shooting happens 5-7 yards. it might & it might not. carry safe my brotha

Top Bottom