Texas SOT

ATF 2A Tyranny Struck Down "ATF Interpretations" by SCOTUS, unless expressly given by Congress. Pistol-Brace point-system for 8/1/22 now dead?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    This makes the ATF's "interpretation" on RECEIVERS w/forced-serial numbers, and 80% receivers is moot now too?

Looks like it to me, AND the the way these "interpretations" now have to be scrutinized, legally:

This new ruling on how gun laws have the be scrutinized might open up LOTS of non-free (tyrannical) State's "interpretation" of all firearm laws, and might be overturned due to this (mag-cap limits, "AW" and "scary-looking" [EBR's] firearm bans, etc).

This will stop all the crazy-stupid legal-gymnastics some of the "district courts" are doing to push all this blatant anti-firearm tyranny.
    (AKA: pushing rulings to en banc panels, 2-levels of scrutiny, etc.)

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It appears they won't need to, as SCOTUS rendered all their "opinions", on "their interpretation" null and void?
    You really think the ATF is just going to give in so easily? I got a bridge from London, I'll sell you really cheap!

Of course you can always be the test case to test the limits of what the ATF will or won't do. Hope you have some deep pockets.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    You really think the ATF is just going to give in so easily? I got a bridge from London, I'll sell you really cheap!

Of course you can always be the test case to test the limits of what the ATF will or won't do. Hope you have some deep pockets.
    If the NRA would actually do their job and back one or two of these, we'd be getting somewhere. Or if we all crowdfunded it...

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)

Yup, apparently they were rendered neutered, and their "interpretations", and their silly made-up rules are therefore moot, as I understand...

If the NRA would actually do their job and back one or two of these, we'd be getting somewhere. Or if we all crowdfunded it...
    The NRA is too busy spending funds on Wayne la Pierre's personal extravagances...

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    ATF will not just roll over on these items. It will take lawsuits and years of the suits working their way through the courts.

Although I do agree with the above statements, I have read where the ATF drops charges in some cases before a court hearing, when they are likely to be reversed so that their bogus "power to legislate" does not get challenged. If they do push out bogus brace regulations, when there are millions of braces out there that are perfectly legal now, I am sure that the law suits will begin. I will be and have already donated to those organizations that will sue. The ATF has good motive to sit this one out. Maybe, just maybe we won't have to deal with their nonsense on this one.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Although I do agree with the above statements, I have read where the ATF drops charges in some cases before a court hearing, when they are likely to be reversed so that their bogus "power to legislate" does not get challenged. If they do push out bogus brace regulations, when there are millions of braces out there that are perfectly legal now, I am sure that the law suits will begin. I will be and have already donated to those organizations that will sue. The ATF has good motive to sit this one out. Maybe, just maybe we won't have to deal with their nonsense on this one.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the SCOTUS ruling is a huge victory, but in no way do I think that states like New York, or California are going go away quietly over the ruling. I believe that they will get crafty and creative in new legislation, and figure out ways to make laws that adhere to the ruling, but in the end get them to results they are looking for.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don't get me wrong, I think the SCOTUS ruling is a huge victory, but in no way do I think that states like New York, or California are going go away quietly over the ruling. I believe that they will get crafty and creative in new legislation, and figure out ways to make laws that adhere to the ruling, but in the end get them to results they are looking for.
    LOL, of course they will. I don't know about you, but I have no plans on living in those deep blue states. Gun laws aren't the only reason those states are screwed up.

I've been reading quite a bit on the ruling, sounds legit. The only real recourse they have is to sign them into law, then the real battle begins, and I don't think many in congress want to challenge the Constitution.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I think that we are talking about two different rulings. I am referring to Va.v EPA which folks are thinking that will translate to the ATF. I think that you are referring to NYSRA v Bruen

Top Bottom