• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zapp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I haven't seen any new approvals posted in the ATF/NFA dates thread in the last few weeks since all the craziness with the pistol brace registration and the issues with the ATF glitches mentioned on that thread. Are approvals still coming through? Is it worth trying to call if we have something that should have been coming up soon?
    Hurley's Gold

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I figured it wasn't really a place for general wait time discussion or lamenting how someone could make a baby faster than approving the form 4. When I got into scraping my pennies together to buy a second can the wait time was about 4-5 months. By the time I got around to buying it was 5-6 months, now its 8-9 months. I'm going into month 6 now. I think several of us are simply waiting unable to post updated times for general form 4's so not many of us are posting.

Approvals are still allegedly going through at their glacial pace and appear to be slowing down. I tried using the reddit spreadsheet and forum to see if others were noticing the slowdown but reddit being reddit the spreadsheet is cumbersome to use and I still can't figure out how to use their site as easily as many others. I check the silencershop wait times site every 2 weeks to see if its trending up or down and so far its only trending up for the median wait times. Seems to be on 8 months still for the last 2 months, but who knows what'll happen in the next 2-3 months for me.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    @EZ-E posted yesterday his Form 4 (Trust) E-Filed May 4th was received January 23rd........

Zapp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I figured it wasn't really a place for general wait time discussion or lamenting how someone could make a baby faster than approving the form 4.

Yep, that is why I didn't ask in that thread. I'm right in the window that I should be seeing something back, and then several things seem to be happening with the ATF and eforms all at once. I hadn't seen a post in that thread in a few weeks, which seemed unusually slow. Someone posted their date about an hour after I posted this thread.

Seems to be on 8 months still for the last 2 months, but who knows what'll happen in the next 2-3 months for me.

I received a Form 4 in Nov, about 9 months on that. I'm hoping the eform Form 4 I am waiting on will track closer to 8 months.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hey, I’m interested in the M&P. For some reason it won’t let me contact you from the post. I’m in Garland. Let me know if you still have it please. 682-364-3087. Thanks.
    This post is an attempt to circumvent the forum rules for sales.

Thebrain701 - Please read the rules.
    OutlawStar - Proceed with caution. If you get the slightest sense of irregularity, PM me or any mod to look at the situation.

Yall

Linux Wizard
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2023
    San Antonio
    Do any of you guys follow the NFA sub-reddit? I know it's probably not popular here, but they do have some really solid data there with people posting daily with their approvals for e-file form 4's and such.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Do any of you guys follow the NFA sub-reddit? I know it's probably not popular here, but they do have some really solid data there with people posting daily with their approvals for e-file form 4's and such.
    I do. I've got a rad 22 at 267 days. Biting my nails

Zapp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I received an approval today, which is about the same length of time as my previous approvals from last year. So the brace registration and other ATF website issues didn't seem to affect the time to approval.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I received an approval today, which is about the same length of time as my previous approvals from last year. So the brace registration and other ATF website issues didn't seem to affect the time to approval.

So what was the time frame?

Trust?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Form 4, trust. Filed 5/20/22, received 2/4/23. 261 days.

Still hoping they batch processed other ones I filed since then. Guess I will find out in a few days.
    They haven't been doing batch approvals, and at 260 days you're way ahead of the line of people coming in due to the brace decision

Congrats, 5/10 here :mad:

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    They haven't been doing batch approvals, and at 260 days you're way ahead of the line of people coming in due to the brace decision

Congrats, 5/10 here :mad:
    Probably worth the pixels its written on but allegedly the for 1 brace forbearance (that word is deliberate, its no longer a free SBR) will be handled by additional agents not the normal form 4 approval team. They also say theres a 90 day goal for form4 approvals... 9 months is actuality.

Top Bottom