• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    >> If you're denied a firearms purchase in a NICS check, the ATF will send your address to local law enforcement so they can raid your home and take all your guns. This is why you should have a CHL, even in states that have constitutional carry. With a CHL a NICS check isn't required to purchase a firearm.

ATF Collecting Addresses: NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022

Military Camp

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    good about time they go after the criminals trying to buy guns.

not that I think the lazy local cops will do anything about it anyways.
    Unless someone is serving time (probation/parole), any citizen should be able to buy own, possess and carry arms.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thank Cornyn for this piece of work.

Coons-Cornyn bipartisan gun safety legislation heads to President Biden’s desk
    Gun safety legislation advances with Violence Against Women Act reauthorization
    MARCH 10, 2022
    WASHINGTON — Today, the U.S. Senate voted to pass the NICS Denial Notification Act, bipartisan gun safety legislation led by U.S. Senator Chris Coons (D-Del.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas), both members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. The bill was included in the Violence Against Women Act reauthorization which passed both chambers of Congress this week.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Part of this new law is already unconstitutional.

18 USC 925
    (a) In General.—If the national instant criminal background check system established under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (34 U.S.C. 40901) (referred to in this section as “NICS”) provides a notice pursuant to section 922(t) that the receipt of a firearm by a person would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or State, local, or Tribal law, the Attorney General shall, in accordance with subsection (b) of this section—

Section (n) of 18 USC 922 is the under indictment section which was recently ruled unconstitutional under Bruen by Judge Counts of the Western District of Texas. That case has been appealed by DOJ.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    >> If you're denied a firearms purchase in a NICS check, the ATF will send your address to local law enforcement so they can raid your home and take all your guns. This is why you should have a CHL, even in states that have constitutional carry. With a CHL a NICS check isn't required to purchase a firearm.

ATF Collecting Addresses: NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022

After years of ignoring the criminals who still try to buy guns in shops and failing the NICS checks, I guess the Left has figured out how to "weaponize" the process to get folks who are merely caught by a glitch. I wonder if they will release stats on how many actual criminals they catch versus those merely caught in a Catch-22?

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    This is kinda scary.

I've never been denied by a NICS check, but what are the possible reasons an individual could be denied that is otherwise "not prohibited"?

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I had a FFL many years ago. Had to give it up due to divorce. Had a regular job and after divorce no one to sign for deliveries.

Had a customer order two .22 rifles. Came back denied. He was baffled, a federal employee, said he had no idea and asked why. I could only give him the case number.

It took him 6 months to clear it up.

Turns out many years before a clerk in a courthouse miss coded a minor misdemeanor as a felony!

Top Bottom