• ...and so much more!
  • Born Here

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2022
    The Woods
    A CHL is of even more value now

Especially to the feds... in case they ban citizens from owning guns someday (very likely at some point they simply ignore SCOTUS due to "national security concerns")

They'll have a list to work from and will start with CHL holders if confiscation ever becomes a thing.

Since it's legal in Texas to do face to face purchases, that may be the way to go since nobody gets denied and you won't be ion any government list!

good about time they go after the criminals trying to buy guns.

Most criminals (or those with convictions that prevent gun possession) aren't going to go to a gun store to try and buy a gun.

I wouldn't think too many criminals would be this stupid when they can go find one of their buddies that specializes in obtaining and selling guns

This is literally guilty until proven innocent

It's the ways of the liberal lefties... or at least it's how they seek to treat conservatives!

Those on the left of course are always innocent until charges are dismissed or not brought at all.

Born Here

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2022
    The Woods
    Yep... I'm glad Texas is more free than most of the other states and allows face to face purchasing.

That's how I've done all my purchases.

Heck, I kinda hope Texas laves the union someday and goes back to being an independent republic

If we did that, the fed would gut off all welfare immediately, so free loaders would have to leave.

We could go back to how Stephen F Austin was doing it. . people were only allowed to come here is they had money to support themselves, or if they have a skill or trade where they would work and support themselves.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    He had a long convoluted story of how he was convicted of a State felony drug charge and how he worked as a confidential informant (snitch) to get it expunged, blah, blah, blah.......but the paperwork never got sent through.....

He was certain Governor Abbott would pardon him.........

If BS was music.......he was an orchestra,............

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    He had a long convoluted story of how he was convicted of a State felony drug charge and how he worked as a confidential informant (snitch) to get it expunged, blah, blah, blah.......but the paperwork never got sent through.....

He was certain Governor Abbott would pardon him.........

If BS was music.......he was an orchestra,............
    Sounds like a pure BS story!

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    >> If you're denied a firearms purchase in a NICS check, the ATF will send your address to local law enforcement so they can raid your home and take all your guns. This is why you should have a CHL, even in states that have constitutional carry. With a CHL a NICS check isn't required to purchase a firearm.

ATF Collecting Addresses: NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022

But if you’re denied on a NICS check the odds are you’re ineligible for a CHL/LTC/CWP. The law states denials have to be investigated, since NICS was created 30 years ago, fewer than 1% of denials have been investigated and fewer than 0.01% actually prosecuted and even then about 14 have been convicted.

Printz v US says local law enforcement cannot be compelled to do work on behalf of the feds. So stop the BS fear mongering. The first place LEO looks on an application is NCIC for disqualifying events.

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    But if you’re denied on a NICS check the odds are you’re ineligible for a CHL/LTC/CWP. The law states denials have to be investigated, since NICS was created 30 years ago, fewer than 1% of denials have been investigated and fewer than 0.01% actually prosecuted and even then about 14 have been convicted.

Printz v US says local law enforcement cannot be compelled to do work on behalf of the feds. So stop the BS fear mongering. The first place LEO looks on an application is NCIC for disqualifying events.
    There are false NICS rejections all the time. Thousands of them.

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    There are false NICS rejections all the time. Thousands of them.
    There are and local LEO would run an NCIC on the individual in question before being able to even apply for a warrant to come check.

All the hype is a bunch of chicken little BS for law enforcement to get off their butts for the handful of criminals that actually try to buy from an FFL. The law only addresses DENIALS, delays aren’t investigated but the 5 business day release is now gone and was always at the discretion of the dealer anyway.

GregoryRomeu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Presidio, TX
    A CHL is of even more value now. I haven't had an issue since getting an UPIN from the fbi several years ago.
    The BIG question is, HOW MANY of these UPINS have been issued to those of us that have challenged those uphill battles and appealed and fought for our rights? Also, being these (UPINS) are a testament of how the NICS system is failing, how many more (UPINS) would have been issued had ALL citizens appealed their denials?

GregoryRomeu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Presidio, TX
    Realize:
    The FBI's major priorities are to:

• Protect the United States from terrorist attack.
    • Protect the U.S. against foreign intelligence, espionage, and cyber operations.
    • Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes.
    • Combat significant cybercriminal activity.
    • Combat public corruption at all levels. (As if the current administration is clean on this one?)
    • Protect civil rights. (How can they protect what they destroy?)
    • Combat transnational criminal enterprises.
    • Combat significant white-collar crime.??? What is "significant?
    • Combat significant violent crime.??? Again, what is "significant?

GregoryRomeu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Presidio, TX
    There are and local LEO would run an NCIC on the individual in question before being able to even apply for a warrant to come check.

All the hype is a bunch of chicken little BS for law enforcement to get off their butts for the handful of criminals that actually try to buy from an FFL. The law only addresses DENIALS, delays aren’t investigated but the 5 business day release is now gone and was always at the discretion of the dealer anyway.
    This new "act" is now addressing both DENIALS and DELAYS.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >> If you're denied a firearms purchase in a NICS check, the ATF will send your address to local law enforcement so they can raid your home and take all your guns. This is why you should have a CHL, even in states that have constitutional carry. With a CHL a NICS check isn't required to purchase a firearm.

ATF Collecting Addresses: NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022

>
    I heard, from reliable source, that this was never prosecuted under Obama. Trump begsn ordering prosecutions in cases of felons attempting to buy guns. It was undone under Biden.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Exactly. Typical government overreach by those that believe they have power over others. These are the ones that We, The People must work to weed out of government for however many and for however long it takes.
    >
    Welcome to TGT !

Presidio was the only place I ever found hats to fit my giant head, at Mr. Nino’s General Store.

Ojinaga was downright scary, even for us old border-dwellers.

leVieux

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    This is kinda scary.

I've never been denied by a NICS check, but what are the possible reasons an individual could be denied that is otherwise "not prohibited"?
    I've never gotten an explanation, but each has been overturned. Haven't had a problem after obtaining a UPIN from fib.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Do you have a "common" first and last name? I've heard this being a reason sometimes...
    I should not be penalized because some criminal has a similar name. NICS should perform due diligence in the exercise of their authority to prevent errors. Fortunately law enforcement has higher standards for identification than NICS or a minor traffic offense or checkpoint could find a person arrested on felony charges.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I should not be penalized because some criminal has a similar name. NICS should perform due diligence in the exercise of their authority to prevent errors. Fortunately law enforcement has higher standards for identification than NICS or a minor traffic offense or checkpoint could find a person arrested on felony charges.

Yeah, it's not right, but I've heard of it happening before.

Top Bottom