ATF increases inspections of gun dealers in Texas

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by thorkyl, Aug 20, 2009.

1. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    ATF increases inspections of gun dealers in Texas | AP Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

SAN ANTONIO — Added agents have allowed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to inspect roughly 1,000 licensed gun dealers in the Houston area, an overdue check to ensure dealers are maintaining paperwork needed to investigate gunrunning rings, said the agency's acting director Thursday.

Later in article it says Houston has 600 dealers

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Would be easier, and less intrusive on Americans, if they shut down the border.

3. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    They are snooping around trying to find people smuggling a gun or two into Mexico. If the truth was know Mexico likely has more guns than any country their size in the world. The Army, Police, Drug Cartels, and just plain citizens with them hidden away for their own protection. One .22 shell, shotgun shell not to mention any firearm they catch a visitor from the US will get you seven years in their slammer and it's reported they don't serve meals, you have to arrange for chow from outside.

4. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    DC, if they shut down the border they would lose all of their votes. Not going to happen.

If Mexico really wants to do something about the flow of guns into their country, I have a really good idea. How about instead of cash for clunkers, we do "black rifles for illegals"?? You give me a confiscated AR and I will give you one of your illegals back. Problem solved. Oh, wait a minute, they dont want them either....

5. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i like the trade "black rifles for illegals" idea.