• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I dont believe they contain a trigger, sear or hammer unlike a typical bolt action receiver does.

Those are added to a bolt action receiver, they aren't part of it. It's just a cylinder.

image475746-9b1d8d0d7f3837e474f684800b206445.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So now we get to mount an upper that’s a gun, on top of a lower...that’s also a gun.

Imho the thing that goes “bang” is a gun.
    Anything else is just parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This is crazy. An upper should never need a bg check. Even one as scary in the eyes of some as a 50 and uses a manual bolt. I'm tired of politics and the atf doing what they want and changing things as they see fit. Playing god pisses me off.

This needs to be shit on. I have said it before and I will say it again...we need a president and a congress that will disband the atf and leave firearm definitions up to the state. Leave restrictions up to the state. Gun control up to locals.(to a degree. No one should have the ability to ban or strip you of something) Federal gun laws are never made because they care about lives. If its not about control its about money and making us pay to have our rights or run a business. This is why I'm an old school republican and I love saying "no" to funding pretty much anything. These agencies are out of control and have more than enough money to buy labs and employees only geared at stripping people of rights. This is why we must keep government poor! So they can't afford to screw people.

We just need to go back to any firearm not needing paperwork or a bg check. We need to focus on families and children getting the help they need to stop crime. Make our borders tighter than a frogs booty hole. Make our punishments tougher. Im just done with gun control. It never is used logically. Definitions are hypocritical to different types of guns. Dealers and manufacturers get taxed to death. This shit needs to end.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    And the big issue isn't on the purchaser's side... the manufacturer of an upper doesn't need an FFL... manufacturer of a "firearm" (whatever the BATEFE decides that is this week) has to have an 07 FFL... and all the paperwork and taxes associated with that.

Ranger550

Live Free or Die
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It starts a bad trend. This opens the door to make every AR upper a serialized item.

California is trying very hard to make it so that one cannot order replacement parts
    for firearms without approval from the CA DOJ firearms division. I mean like triggers, springs, bolts, barrels and just about anything else. Yeah, the ATF will be forcing gun-owners to have serialized uppers, no matter what caliber. Count on that. :mad:

Top Bottom