Venture Surplus ad

ATF NFA - Wait Time Is Now 15-Months (As of 2013-10-25)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kobiash1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    little elm
    So also are you saying , that an CLEO signature is going to be required for a NFA trust?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Im somewhat active and getting more active in Williamson County GOP politics...i wonder what is the best way to encourage a sitting sherriff or candidate on 2A/NFA issues?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lots of registered voters letting him know they want to be able to get nfa stuff approved with his blessing :)

Im somewhat active and getting more active in Williamson County GOP politics...i wonder what is the best way to encourage a sitting sherriff or candidate on 2A/NFA issues?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've had the Wilco Sheriff sign off on two SBR Form 1's with no issues.

From what ive heard he'll do those but not supressors. According to the internets someone was shooting dogs with a suppressor. I should give it a go. See what happens. Getting the form signed that is, not shooting dogs. Perhaps he has changed his mind or will like my mug. Thanks for the info though.

cmgray612

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Leander, Texas
    That's funny. He sat and talked with me and ironically brought up the internet rumors about dogs being shot with suppressors. We had a chuckle about it. Then he signed the form and sent me on my way.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's funny. He sat and talked with me and ironically brought up the internet rumors about dogs being shot with suppressors. We had a chuckle about it. Then he signed the form and sent me on my way.

Very interesting. Now go back and have him sign for a suppressor.

Maybe it is an option afterall? Thanks again for the info.

Hater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Well, I've recently received two approvals,

1) A Form 1 on a Trust sent off February 1, approved November 22, stamp received Decemer 2.
    2) A Form 4 (AAC 762SDN-6) on a Trust sent off February 26, approved December 12 (I called), waiting on stamp.

Both of these had small paperwork errors in July that I quickly turned around and sent back. So, counting that and the Govt shutdown, it was 10 months door to door on the SBR, maybe a little less on the suppressor, which I hope to have in my hands late this week.

Kobiash1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    little elm
    Not only does this scares me, but I'm looking at a few class 3 weapons. And as you know the paperwork does not start until the purchase. So what happens if it's not approve. My class 3 dealer gets a free weapon? Is it possible to have a background check prior to purchase. This would make a lot more comfortable. My nephew wife , a jailer, ran away with a prisone and did an identity theft in La. And there was some warrants on my nephew. He was going to go to La. But his lawyer told home not to that they would just arrest him and figure everything out later, which he did from Indiana

tmperez

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Austin Tx
    I have been waiting for 8 months for and F1 and 4. I would suggest emailing our congressmen , not that it will do much but the more messages they get from us the better the chance they will actually look into it. I have emailed Cornyn 2 times in the past few months bitching about the wait. Maybe if someone actually starts question it it will be better in the future.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I've had my last Form 1 and Form 4 submissions take 10 months and 11 months, respectively. Mailed the last week of February '13. The suppressor took longer 'cause the paperwork was submitted a little slow.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    From what i have read above e filing started earlier than i thought which was september 2013. Of course I bought a suppresser end of august form 4 paper. I have since bought another e filed so that I can get it in time to hunt with. when did e-filing start

Top Bottom