Hurley's Gold

ATF NFA - Wait Time Is Now 15-Months (As of 2013-10-25)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JakFrost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    Called to check SBR Form 1 status from my submission on 2013-01-21. Was told this information so I'm passing it on.

My Form 1 should have been approved this month according to NFATracker.com.

I feel that this extra time is somehow a punishment by the government on the citizens due to the shutdown.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Grrrr! I got a couple items last year...took 7 months for the stamps.

That was bad enough, but 15 months is friggin ridiculous. This gov't is so completely out of whack.

I just did a couple of e-Forms 1 via atfonline....maybe that will be easier for those idiots to process.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I don't think this is a fair representation of the actual time for those of us that have submitted E-forms. It has been communicated clearly that E-forms now have priority over paper forms, so it seems that your time may be longer because of how many electronic forms have now been submitted..

Hopefully that is not the case, as that amount of waiting is completely absurd...

JakFrost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    I have also read that E-Filed forms go into Pending 1 status right away because there is no more wait associated with manual data-entry by the 6-clerks that they have and because of this the outcome is that these E-Filed forms will end up being inserted into the queue before the mailed-in paperwork that has been Received but has not been data-entered into the computer system. I've heard and read that E-Filed forms save 6-8 weeks of waiting.

However, without getting off topic here. My forms were sent in January 2013 way before the E-File system was available so they went Pending 1 at regular speed and my correction request letter for the LMT's model name "Defender 2000" instead of the full model name "CQB MRP Defender 2000 Piston 16" was sent out on June, 2013 and sent back to them corrected within 5-days or receipt and accepted into their system in June 2013 when I called to confirm that they got the correction.

Even with the added delay requiring the slight correction, I should have received the forms by end of this month, October 2013, or with the added delay November-December 2013. That should have been according to the old wait time. I'm still hoping that the queue will re-start where it left off before the shutdown at least for forms that were in Pending 2 status like mine should have been since it has been examined due to the correction request.

The 15-month delay might be for new requests though and that means that my 4th suppressor purchase this month 2013-10 and E-Filed will be approved sometime in 2015-03 if nothing else changes. I decided to buy a 7.62 (.30 caliber) suppressor even though I don't have anything to mount it on due to the upcoming ATF CLEO requirements for Trusts that would guarantee that I won't be able to ever buy one since I live in a county where the Sheriff refuses to sign forms by delaying the signature and requiring hoops to jump through that nobody is willing to do.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Called to check SBR Form 1 status from my submission on 2013-01-21. Was told this information so I'm passing it on.

My Form 1 should have been approved this month according to NFATracker.com.

I feel that this extra time is somehow a punishment by the government on the citizens due to the shutdown.

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You submitted your form 1 on Jan 21, 2013. You should have been approved this month but have to wait another 15 months from now?

JakFrost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    You should have been approved this month but have to wait another 15 months from now?

The person who answered the phone said that it is "15-months from day of receipt" as his standard canned answer. He didn't say anything specific for my application.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    The person who answered the phone said that it is "15-months from day of receipt" as his standard canned answer. He didn't say anything specific for my application.

Whew!!! I took what you said to mean you had to wait an additional 15 months from now even when your application was near the end of it's journey. I have a form 1 as well that according to the person on the phone is "awaiting the examiners signature." Thanks for clarifying and setting me straight.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I guess my form 4 will be a Christmas present..... NEXT CHRISTMAS!

The store salesclerk said that there was some kind of special effort being made to return stamps in 3 months on current purchases. He did not elaborate on why this was true, but stuck pretty solidly to his claim. I don't really believe it, but I am passing along this rumor. (e-file only)

JakFrost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    The store salesclerk said that there was some kind of special effort being made to return stamps in 3 months on current purchases. He did not elaborate on why this was true, but stuck pretty solidly to his claim. I don't really believe it, but I am passing along this rumor. (e-file only)

Wouldn't that make sense, 3-months for e-File approvals as a limit, similar to some state's Concealed Carry permit issue limits where they have to be issued by that date no matter what.

Lovely to raise your "Hope" up like that though about your purchase. I wouldn't hold my breath but instead do what we all do, forget that you ever sent anything in to the ATF until you get a surprise letter sometime in the far forgotten future.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I have also read that E-Filed forms go into Pending 1 status right away because there is no more wait associated with manual data-entry by the 6-clerks that they have and because of this the outcome is that these E-Filed forms will end up being inserted into the queue before the mailed-in paperwork that has been Received but has not been data-entered into the computer system. I've heard and read that E-Filed forms save 6-8 weeks of waiting.

However, without getting off topic here. My forms were sent in January 2013 way before the E-File system was available so they went Pending 1 at regular speed and my correction request letter for the LMT's model name "Defender 2000" instead of the full model name "CQB MRP Defender 2000 Piston 16" was sent out on June, 2013 and sent back to them corrected within 5-days or receipt and accepted into their system in June 2013 when I called to confirm that they got the correction.

Even with the added delay requiring the slight correction, I should have received the forms by end of this month, October 2013, or with the added delay November-December 2013. That should have been according to the old wait time. I'm still hoping that the queue will re-start where it left off before the shutdown at least for forms that were in Pending 2 status like mine should have been since it has been examined due to the correction request.

The 15-month delay might be for new requests though and that means that my 4th suppressor purchase this month 2013-10 and E-Filed will be approved sometime in 2015-03 if nothing else changes. I decided to buy a 7.62 (.30 caliber) suppressor even though I don't have anything to mount it on due to the upcoming ATF CLEO requirements for Trusts that would guarantee that I won't be able to ever buy one since I live in a county where the Sheriff refuses to sign forms by delaying the signature and requiring hoops to jump through that nobody is willing to do.

Well take some solace that as long as we can keep abortion barbie from getting elected governor (at which point we are all screwed anyway) CLEO signatures should not be an issue. Perry has said, and I am sure any republican replacement would continue, that he will order a state judge to start signing all NFA forms for people who's local CLEO won't for a small fee (like $30 is the number being kicked around).....

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Damn big spenders. Thought I was doing well with 3 and hopefully 3 more next week. So maybe in about 2 years when we all get our stamps we will have to have a meet. I really hope efiling cuts down some of the wait time.

Top Bottom