Patriot Mobile

ATF proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Here's the million dollar question: What will this proposal accomplish, except to allow the ATF to go after a bunch of innocent gun owners?

Answer: Nothing.
    Unlike the pistol brace ruling, the 80% ban wouldn't be totally retroactive.

"The ATF calls these firearms privately manufactured firearms (PFM). The ones currently in the hands of the public would not require a serial number unless the firearm is transferred by a federal firearms licensee (FFL) or brought into a gunsmith for work."
    Capitol Armory ad

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Unlike the pistol brace ruling, the 80% ban wouldn't be totally retroactive.

"The ATF calls these firearms privately manufactured firearms (PFM). The ones currently in the hands of the public would not require a serial number unless the firearm is transferred by a federal firearms licensee (FFL) or brought into a gunsmith for work."
    They have got to serialize, or how can they enable future confiscation?

We all know that is the ONLY reason for registration...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I suppose I should read more before asking this question but should the folks who want to build their own stock up on legally non-serialized 80% receivers now, before this goes into effect? And if so, have the prices shot up, yet?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if the price has not gone up yet I would be surprised.

I have more than I need although they are no longer 80%ers.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

What is About to Happen?

Today, the Biden Administration is expected to publish its final rule to combat “ghost guns”—or privately made firearms which are currently legal right now.

The new rule will be entitled “Definition of ‘Frame or Receiver’ and Identification of Firearms,” but it will do far more than the White House is pretending.

GOA will analyze the differences between this final rule and the previously published proposed rule, but here is what we know already. The rule will:

• Allow ATF to end the online sale of gun parts at will (as Biden promised on the campaign trail).
    • Mandate the serialization of many gun parts, forcing Americans to undergo a background check for a new legal “firearm” in order to repair or buy replacement parts for their guns.
    • Require that 100% of Firearm Transaction Records from gun stores dating back to 2002 end up in ATF’s billion record gun registry.
    You heard that right.

Not only will this mean you have to do multiple background checks to build or repair a gun…

And not only can Biden’s ATF ban the online sale of gun parts without a new law…

This new rule is about expanding an already billion-record gun registry to eventually include EVERY SINGLE SALE at EVERY SINGLE GUN STORE since 2002.

This is pure gun control—ultimately people control.

What can you do?

https://www.gunowners.org/new-rule-to-expand-atf-gun-registry/

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Are they actually changing much? I know one of the 'real' reasons for the change was multiple court cases involving AR-15 lowers, the feds lost because an AR lower wasn't a 'firearm' under the old rule.

Eli

If they start serializing individual AR parts, I'm pretty sure the first thing will be AR uppers. No more ship to home for a complete upper. Other likely items to be serialized are the bolt carrier group, the bolt, and possibly barrels and trigger groups.

Also, it looks like they are dead set on creating a complete gun registry. In all of history, a gun registry has always resulted in eventual confiscation.

They are changing the laws and rules at their discretion without legislation.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Makes me real happy that I have bought a couple from people without paperwork. Anonymity is a good thing in today's gun world.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    If they start serializing individual AR parts, I'm pretty sure the first thing will be AR uppers. No more ship to home for a complete upper. Other likely items to be serialized are the bolt carrier group, the bolt, and possibly barrels and trigger groups.

Also, it looks like they are dead set on creating a complete gun registry. In all of history, a gun registry has always resulted in eventual confiscation.

They are changing the laws and rules at their discretion without legislation.
    Don't comply. Period.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Then take up fishing cause the business will certainly comply or face arrest.

This has been coming for years so anyone who has not stocked up has themselves to blame.
    Or, every single conservative needs to stop playing their game. We're the frog in the pot at this point. There needs to be real non-compliance on a scale they cannot arrest without fear of losing power.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Or, every single conservative needs to stop playing their game. We're the frog in the pot at this point. There needs to be real non-compliance on a scale they cannot arrest without fear of losing power.
    All of the folks that need to comply are business or ffls. The consumer has little to no compliance here

Top Bottom