DK Firearms

ATF proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Businesses are made up of individuals.
    Like saying we should send troops to Ukraine knowing nobody in your family will be sent.

But you are free to make BBS kits and sell them after it is illegal. Let us know when they are ready to ship
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Got this email today from the GOA.

ATF Finalizes Rule Expanding Gun Registry, Regulating Gun Parts

Dear Jonas,
    ATF is at it again—rewriting federal law to create new gun control laws.

What is About to Happen?

Tomorrow, the Biden Administration is expected to publish its final rule to combat “ghost guns”—or privately made firearms which are currently legal right now.
    The new rule will be entitled “Definition of ‘Frame or Receiver’ and Identification of Firearms,” but it will do far more than the White House is pretending.
    GOA will analyze the differences between this final rule and the previously published proposed rule, but here is what we know already. The rule will:
    • Allow ATF to end the online sale of gun parts at will (as Biden promised on the campaign trail).
    • Mandate the serialization of many gun parts, forcing Americans to undergo a background check for a new legal “firearm” in order to repair or buy replacement parts for their guns.
    • Require that 100% of Firearm Transaction Records from gun stores dating back to 2002 end up in ATF’s billion record gun registry.
    You heard that right.
    Not only will this mean you have to do multiple background checks to build or repair a gun…
    And not only can Biden’s ATF ban the online sale of gun parts without a new law…
    This new rule is about expanding an already billion-record gun registry to eventually include EVERY SINGLE SALE at EVERY SINGLE GUN STORE since 2002.
    This is pure gun control—ultimately people control.

GOA is Fighting Back!

Thankfully, GOA’s team of attorneys and lobbyists has been preparing for this fight.
    We've known this was coming, since they announced this rule as a proposed rule back in May of 2021.
    We plan on fighting this tooth and nail in the courts, as well as, in the halls of Congress. A lawsuit is in the works, but we need your help.
    But GOA doesn’t only rely on the court system to defend the Second Amendment, as its reactionary by nature.
    That’s why GOA is working to force a vote in the Senate to strike down this rule using a procedure known as the Congressional Review Act.
    Using the Congressional Review Act, 30 Senators can submit a petition that will force the Senate to vote on rejecting this rule, bypassing the powerful filibuster.
    That's where you come in.

How You Can Help:

We need you to hit the “take action” button and fill out a message to your senators and representatives demanding they sign-on to this petition in both legislative chambers.
    We want Congress on the record demonstrating their support or rejection of this abusive demonstration of gun control.
    Will Congress strike down Biden’s attempt to expand and solidify ATF’s national gun registry?
    Will the Courts enforce the Firearm Owners Protection Act against any new rules or regulations that create gun or gun owner registries?
    These are dangerous times for the Second Amendment, but Gun Owners of America is standing up to the gun grabbers.
    We’re here to defend your constitutional rights.
    Stand with us.
    Together, let's put vulnerable senators who are up for reelection in the hot seat and make them show their true colors.
    Together, let’s take this fight to the courts and uphold the Firearm Owners Protection Act!
    In liberty,
    Aidan Johnston
    Director of Federal Affairs
    Gun Owners of America
    P.S. Please distribute this alert to your pro-gun family and friends and urge them to take action. To renew your GOA membership or to join for the first time, please click here.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Got this email today from the GOA.

. The rule will:
    • Allow ATF to end the online sale of gun parts at will (as Biden promised on the campaign trail).
    • Mandate the serialization of many gun parts, forcing Americans to undergo a background check for a new legal “firearm” in order to repair or buy replacement parts for their guns.
    • Require that 100% of Firearm Transaction Records from gun stores dating back to 2002 end up in ATF’s billion record gun registry.
    You heard that right.
    only the last one happened afaik

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    The ATF ruling is 364 pages long. Reading it will take a lot of time. The summary of changes are codified it appears as Executive actions and the use of several legal maneuvers are used to short circuit any attempts to revoke the actions. The most critical is the attempt to claim the Congressional Review process is not applicable. This is the whole ruling. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/r...frame-or-receiver-and-identification/download

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The ATF ruling is 364 pages long. Reading it will take a lot of time.
    True. But if what the video above gleaned from the White House press release is even close to the truth, the situation is pretty damned grim.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    You won’t be able to buy new 80% lowers. That is about it as it affects consumers.
    Until they prosecute you for ordering plastic and metal because you own another gun. Seriously, man, why are you not taking a hard line against this incremental boil? What part of shall not be infringed is OK for businesses?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Until they prosecute you for ordering plastic and metal because you own another gun. Seriously, man, why are you not taking a hard line against this incremental boil? What part of shall not be infringed is OK for businesses?
    What is it you think I should do? I have every fought gun law since I was born. I am ok with selling hand grenades to 10 year olds at 7-11 how much hard liner can I get?

That does not prevent me from unbiased analysis of what we have to deal with.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    A couple of highlights from the final ruling, unrelated to the "ghost guns" and very concerning.

1. First, the final rule ensures that firearms with split receivers are subject to regulations requiring serial numbers and background checks when purchased from a licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer.

This means no more ship to home for completed or partial AR uppers. Go through an FFL and pay the fee after a background check.

2. Second, the final rule requires federally licensed firearms dealers to retain key records until they shut down their business or licensed activity. At that time, these dealers must transfer the records to ATF, just as they are currently required to do at the end of licensed activity. Previously, these dealers were permitted to destroy most records after 20 years.

To me, this means they are setting the stage for a national gun registry.

Reactions: gll

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A couple of highlights from the final ruling, unrelated to the "ghost guns" and very concerning.

1. First, the final rule ensures that firearms with split receivers are subject to regulations requiring serial numbers and background checks when purchased from a licensed dealer, manufacturer or importer.

This means no more ship to home for completed or partial AR uppers. Go through an FFL and pay the fee after a background check.

2. Second, the final rule requires federally licensed firearms dealers to retain key records until they shut down their business or licensed activity. At that time, these dealers must transfer the records to ATF, just as they are currently required to do at the end of licensed activity. Previously, these dealers were permitted to destroy most records after 20 years.

To me, this means they are setting the stage for a national gun registry.
    Still reading, but I think #1 only applies to new designs. #2 when I got my ffl it was 5 years. They just keep extending it.

Keep in mind an ffls A&D book was always infinite and contains all transactions including inbound so that is more valuable wrt build a x-referencing database.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    More paperwork/labor by FFL's....

Transfer fees will rise.......

More paperwork/labor by manufacturers....

Prices will rise.....

All on top of the inflation, interest rates, labor and supply chain shortages....

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    More paperwork/labor by FFL's....

Transfer fees will rise.......

More paperwork/labor by manufacturers....

Prices will rise.....

All on top of the inflation, interest rates, labor and supply chain shortages....
    How so?

As an ffl I am not going to touch an unserialized gun. Keep them ghost guns in private hands. Every ffl should do this and every gun owner should not take an unserialized gun to an ffl

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    True. But if what the video above gleaned from the White House press release is even close to the truth, the situation is pretty damned grim.
    Yes, it is grim. I am only on the first 50 pages of their analysis and I skimmed section V which sets forth the new rules. Look for the Courts to get a workout.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    The really scary part of this is that "kits" of parts to assemble a gun will now be considered a firearm and have to go through an FFL for purchase. I am lloking at the definition of "kit" and see nothing to preevent the ATF from calling a drop in hammer, trigger a kit. Or calling a bolt kit a kit, or so on.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Incorrect. You will still be able to but 80% lowers, but they will have to be serialised and go through FFLs.
    Yeah context was how we buy them now. Completely unmarked.

What we still do not know is how much matching you can do to a block of aluminum before it is a firearm. Obviously a lot less than today

Top Bottom