• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx

Q is fighting back, but stay tuned if you own one or own another pistol with the same type of brace.
    Venture Surplus ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I wonder why they picked the Honey badger to rule as an SBR. What makes it different from an AR556 pistol or 300 BO pistol with the SBA brace? This is not good.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    b0fe432b5fe810f92ed91e39f86c23de.jpg

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I figured it would happen eventually. Those "braces" steadily started looking and acting more like stocks ever since they came out. They kept pushing closer and closer to that line between the 2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yep, proprietary brace is cited by FATD; also goes on to state other products using the same/similar brace may get the same ruling applied.

Q responded that the ruling was capricious in that other stabilizing braces are good to go, so this one should be as well. I think it may come down to whether the brace is removable or not. I don’t know if the Q design is capable of that.

ETA: It also appears the Q Honey Badger rifle uses the exact same proprietary brace as the pistol does. That may not be helping Q. But the Sugar Weasel uses an off the shelf SBA3 which ATF recently reversed their opinion on, too.

This mind of regulatory flip flopping has to stop.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I figured it would happen eventually. Those "braces" steadily started looking and acting more like stocks ever since they came out. They kept pushing closer and closer to that line between the 2.

Exactly. This was inevitable. Akins Accelerator, Sig Muzzle Device, Bump Stocks, and now this. Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.

No serious gun owner can say with a straight face this was a not a stock. It was a scam from the beginning, hard to see how ATF allowed it in the first place.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Exactly. This was inevitable. Akins Accelerator, Sig Muzzle Device, Bump Stocks, and now this. Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.

No serious gun owner can say with a straight face this was a not a stock. It was a scam from the beginning, hard to see how ATF allowed it in the first place.
    Because the first one was legitimately a brace designed to help disabled people, and because the ATF kept allowing new designs until they backed themselves into a corner that they couldn't fight their way out of without serious issues. So, they relented and continued to allow them.

Those braces are the strongest argument we have for removing SBRs from the NFA. If anyone can just slap a brace on a gun with a barrel under 16", it makes the whole SBR thing a moot point. Any imagined benefit to that law is gone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom