DK Firearms

ATF shutting down All Pawn in the Woodlands.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Can we get cliff notes it wont load on my end, or just say why they are shutting it down lol

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    Cliff notes: Pawn shop owner has been in business for over 20 years and after all the regular ATF audits with minimal clerical errors in the past, she gets hit with a MONTH long audit that went over the tens of thousands of 4473s and they claim that she willingly commited clerical errors. She explains it better than I can. I believe that the ATF is targeting the "ma and pa" shops that cannot afford to fight this in court. They can't take them from us so they are going after the shops.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    It's been happening from 2008 on. Smallest clerical errors and they want to close down the shop.

Best bet is to close down the shop and open with a new FFL under a LLC or different owner.

They should have Texas Law Shield for FFL owners. I'd pay hundreds if not thousands a month for such if I was an FFL based on volume.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Can't afford to investigate felons lying on 4473.

Spends a month auditing small shops in order to shut them down over minor clerical errors.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The ATF cannot shut down anyone. They can pull the FFL, but that does not shut anyone down. I have dealt with them on audits. Renegade has as well, but he has a lot more experience. Hopefully he will be along, but I don't believe the ATF just decided they didn't like those people and decided to pull their license.

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    I should clarify, the ATF isn't "shutting them down" per se, but the owner stated that gun sales are the life blood of her shop. Lose the license, lose the income. Also this is her side of the story, the radio host is currently still awaiting some correspondence from his inquiry to the ATF. There are 3 sides to the story: Her side, Their side, and what really happened. I just hope that this sort of thing isn't going to spread across the country, you know, "for the children".

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Most of the BATFE Inspectors we've had have been professional and polite...just doing their job......

Inspectors are not "Agents"....they do not carry guns or do anything other than administrative type duties. They come in and inspect your 4473's and your bound book and look for discrepancies. None of our audits have taken more than one day. Inspectors are not gun people and rarely know the muzzle from the breach. They come from all different backgrounds..we had one that had been in the child protective services with the State of Texas, one that had just immigrated here from Puerto Rico and was a computer programmer there......

They are strict and non forgiving on entry errors no matter how small or inconsequential to us.......they will tally all the discrepancies together for a sum total. The wrong year or date/day...write up. Using abbreviations is a write up....forgetting to check a box...write up..... writing pistol instead of revolver...write up....customer checks wrong box and doesn't sign the error and just crosses through it...write up...

If the amount of discrepancies amounts to quite a few....you will have a meeting at the local BATFE Office to discuss it. If not, they write it up and have an exit meeting, you sign, promise to do a good job and they leave.....

Sounds like they got a young gal who is trying to make a name for herself.......

Treyg73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    This sucks, I bought my first pistol from them when I moved to Houston from Denver, CO about 12 years ago. They were very friendly and great to deal with. I'd hate to see them have to close shop because of this.

TexasGunGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    near Houston, Texas.
    An ATF officer came to a store I was working at and went over the form with the employees and told us you really don't have to spell out Texas as state of residence, you can abbreviate. Also a lot of other stuff they said could be abbreviated that never was before allowed. I still didn't feel right with it and kept with the way I was doing things.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    An ATF officer came to a store I was working at and went over the form with the employees and told us you really don't have to spell out Texas as state of residence, you can abbreviate. Also a lot of other stuff they said could be abbreviated that never was before allowed. I still didn't feel right with it and kept with the way I was doing things.

That's part of the problem....what one Inspector will write up, another won't.....It seems they had Inspections that were just fine.....then this Inspector comes in goes back for years writing up discrepancies that had been fine with previous Inspectors.....

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    Holder is bypassing the ruling of SCOTUS attempting to put Texas back under the voting rights laws. It is clear that this federal gov't will apply it's power as it wishes.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Tyranny. That's all it is. Enforce only the law you like. Enforce the letter ignoring spirit. "willingly committed clerical errors"

Top Bottom