• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    Well this is the second time I went to go shoot this rifle, I would say it's my first official time because the first time I only got to shoot about 80 rounds in a hurry because it was close to closing time at the range. Anyways this is what I did at 25 and 50 yards using Silver Bear 60 grain FMJ. At 25 yards I was shooting standing and at 50 I was benched, both semi rapid fire, a little faster when i was standing. I forgot to bring my sight in tool so I didn't get to adjust the sights, but it looks like it shoots pretty much POA, good enough fore me anyways. I'm not a great shooter but with my bad eye sight, and these crappy iron sights, I think I did pretty good. thoughts and opinions.
    View attachment 7167 View attachment 7168 View attachment 7169 View attachment 7170 View attachment 7171 View attachment 7172
    Put the round right next to the middle of the targets for size comparison. Standing target on the left, benched on right. I'll do better when I get my mount and aimpoint.:cool:

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    Yes, this is an AK74 by Interarms. Oh, and if you want to get one I suggest you get one A.S.A.P. Atlantic has already ran out of the IAC 74s with the poly furniture, all they have left is the ones with the wood, I don't don't know about the IACs in 7.62.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    thats a little better than my century arms
    I got a Century Arms Bulgy as well. When I got it the sights seemed straight but was about 4 inches high and 3 inches to the left. So when I tried adjusting the front sight it ended up almost touching the side. I didn't like the look of it after it was zeroed, but i can live with it. Also one more thing, did yours come with a good finish? Because the finish on mine looked like it was done by some drunk baboons. Anyways here are some pics of my Century Arms Bulgy when I had a cheap mount and red dot on it.
    View attachment 7187 View attachment 7188

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    Anyways for you people that might get these rifle confused, the first set of pics is my recently purchased IAC AK74 from Atlantic, the stock one. The 74 with the red dot is my Century Arms Bulgy. In my opinion the IAC from Atlantic is way better than my century. The sights on the IAC are pretty much dead on, the finish on it is great and has a chrome lined barrel, and the insides looked very good. That was completely the opposite with my century.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    For some reason that AK-74 really looks bad ass. Just sold two WWII rifles that I never even shot but that looks like a fun thing to have. Ammo seems cheap too.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    For some reason that AK-74 really looks bad ass. Just sold two WWII rifles that I never even shot but that looks like a fun thing to have. Ammo seems cheap too.
    Thanks man, it's something different from all those Arsenals out there, I almost got sucked into the hype and almost bought one. To me all it seems is that the when you buy an Arsenal, all you buy is an Ak with a glossy paint job, which by the way isn't so great. I heard some people saying that Hoppes #9 can actually wipe off the finish on them. Oh and the ammo is cheap, even cheaper when you buy corrosive, 149 for a tin of 1000+. Unfortunately for me I don't shoot the corrosive stuff, nothing but new production non corrosive 5.45x39 like the silver bear and wolf. Just don't tell anybody I don't buy the cheaper corrosive stuff, they will probably slay me for it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I got a Century Arms Bulgy as well. When I got it the sights seemed straight but was about 4 inches high and 3 inches to the left. So when I tried adjusting the front sight it ended up almost touching the side. I didn't like the look of it after it was zeroed, but i can live with it.

[SARCASM]Wow, a Century AK with canted sites?!? What a shock!! [\SARCASM]

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    I got a Century Arms Bulgy as well. When I got it the sights seemed straight but was about 4 inches high and 3 inches to the left. So when I tried adjusting the front sight it ended up almost touching the side. I didn't like the look of it after it was zeroed, but i can live with it.
    Check and make sure your rear sight isn't laterally offset, sometimes they get mashed over. If the FSB is canted and you aren't going to fix it right away you can just peen the "wings" around the front sight post over to where the front sight post appears centered.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    [SARCASM]Wow, a Century AK with canted sites?!? What a shock!! [\SARCASM]
    I know when I ordered this rifle I was rolling the dice and their was more good reviews on it than bad. Most of the bad reviews about canted sights that I was looking at were about the WASR 10s, and rarely found one that talked about the bulgy that I bought from CIA. But the price was right, under 400(which I can make in a few days) and a gun that has never jammed up on me, I think I can live with it. Ohh and This rifle will be sold soon for the low price tag of 650. It has a few slight mods that I did to it that cost less than a bill, but I'm pretty sure I can live with that as well.

Top Bottom