• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    So the point is so that at the NRA they can say "look Cody signed up on 12/2/09 to say piss of obama" ? I guess that is what they were after anyway. So when I sign up for the "real membership" what kinds of benefits are there in it? Just curious I'll sign up the full membership when I can.

Take a look at their web site. There's an entire section dedicated to member benefits. It pays for itself in no time with all the discounts alone you receive by showing your NRA card at purchase time with merchants. Like I mentioned before, I saved hundreds on health insurance by switching to an NRA recommended company. FTW!
    Gun Zone Deals

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They would "justify" cramming more unconstitutional and illegal bullshit legislation down our throats.

Exactly. This is called incrementalism. One step at a time, and don't let a good crisis go to waste - this is the battle plan for gun banners (and anybody else interested in separating you from your rights). Know it, understand it and use it back at them.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    So when I get a membership card do I just show the member card anytime I buy firearms or related stuff?

Yes and No.

There are retailers that give discounts, and others that do not.
    See
    Members-Only Discounts and Services

Also see
    Benefits of Membership

The insurance is great
    I pay less than $500 a year and get $11,000 all risk coverage for my firearms and I get $250,000 firearm related liability insurance and $50k for criminal defense if I have to use my CHL

$184 for an additional $10,000 above the $1,000 that comes with the membership (you do have to call and activate it)

$100,000.00 general liability
    $ 50,000.00 legal defense monies
    Cost is $165.00 per person per year

$250,000.00 general liability
    $ 50,000.00 legal defense monies
    Cost is $250.00 per person per year

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    So when I get a membership card do I just show the member card anytime I buy firearms or related stuff?

Yes and No.

There are retailers that give discounts, and others that do not.

And it never hurts to ask, even if you don't see an NRA sticker displayed and/or the store/company is not on the NRA's list. You'd be amazed how many places offer 10% to 15% discounts for members.

BTW, make sure to check out the NRA's web site for other offers. I don't know which magazine you selected when you joined, but I chose America's First Freedom magazine and I love it!

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    ... I chose America's First Freedom magazine and I love it!

+100

I love marking out my address and leaving them at places I visit.

Doctor gets one every so often, so does the Dentist.
    Leave them in the County Clerks office (DMV) just for fun.

The best part, if you want to just mess with someone is to find the local ACLU and go in, sit down in the waiting room and slip one into the stack and then leave.

I have gone into the local Child Protective Services office and left them there also.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have not done the full membership yet, I plan to at some point but I did do there "trial membership" so that they would at least have my name on a list. Thanks to all y'all for the advice.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    +100

I love marking out my address and leaving them at places I visit.

Doctor gets one every so often, so does the Dentist.
    Leave them in the County Clerks office (DMV) just for fun.

The best part, if you want to just mess with someone is to find the local ACLU and go in, sit down in the waiting room and slip one into the stack and then leave.

I have gone into the local Child Protective Services office and left them there also.

So you're the one who wrote the letter to First Freedom a short while ago and wrote about doing that. I'm honored to meet you "in person" here on TGT. My hat's off to you, sir! That was a great letter!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I have not done the full membership yet, I plan to at some point but I did do there "trial membership" so that they would at least have my name on a list. Thanks to all y'all for the advice.

BTW, as with any organization you join you will receive mailings from the NRA asking for donations to support various legal causes and, of course, you have no obligations to send money and can ignore them. If you find them overwhelming--like I did--you can call or e-mail the NRA and have them take you off the mailing list so that you only receive important communications from them. Worked like a charm.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    So you're the one who wrote the letter to First Freedom a short while ago and wrote about doing that. I'm honored to meet you "in person" here on TGT. My hat's off to you, sir! That was a great letter!

I can't take the credit for the letter, although I know which one your talking about. My Grandpa started me leaving magazines in places you would not expect to see them.

He also had a habit of leaving Bibles in unsuspecting places, like Planned Parenthood.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Oh, okay, based on what you wrote I thought it had to be you because that's exactly how the First Freedom guy mentioned he did it. Well, you're in great company and you have my respect. Going to have to give that a whirl too...great idea....

Top Bottom