• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've had their wireless service for 15 years.. that's 15 years of taking it in the shorts and putting up with them being so big, they don't care if you have a problem or not.

About 6 months ago, they changed something and my service went to nothing in my neighborhood. Numerous calls and complaints, even to the FCC and the only thing I got was "our engineers looked into it and there is no problem"

Well... AMFers

2 weeks ago, I got a Verizon burner phone and carried it around with me everywhere , including the hunting blinds to make sure it worked and it worked great, so now I had the fun of calling them up and cancelling and getting the bribes offered to me.

$200 gift card... $300 gift card.... ain't none of that worth not being able to send a text or make a call from my house or front yard.

BYE!
    Gun Zone Deals

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    my ATT service as of January has been terrible. A tech came out and changed all the boxes and now I get random disconnects. I've had 3 service calls since and they CANNOT fix the problem. ATT is trash and monopolies are trash. They should deregulate ISPs and let anyone who wants to be one be one. This crap is ridiculous

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    We have used Verizon for years and almost switched to AT&T months ago. Started the process but found it was all a bunch of lies.

We cancelled everything with AT&T due to their ineptitude. Now they are sending us bills for cancelling.

Free phones? Lie
    Great home internet? Lie
    Great cable/ SAT TV? Lie

My Verizon works very well but isn't cheap. I would go prepaid but don't want to chance losing my number (or our other 4 line's numbers).

We are grandfathered in so can't get unlimited internet without paying even more.

It is all a rip off but screw AT&T the most.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You think regular AT&T is bad? Deal with them on the business side. I've learned to play the game and play it well, but it's such a cluster. It's a pure example of just how bad things get when the unions have their run of the roost.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I just tried to go get the BOGO deal for an IPhone 8. Sorry, you need to add a line. F'k that, we have been customers since Cingular and have had two lines for 14yrs. Just ordered a Pixel last night and going to WalMart Family Plan. Oh and Direct TV still sucks after ATT bought them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    T-Mobile: $40 Simply Prepaid, unlimited everything, $44 with tax. One for me, one for the wife. Have to get way out in the boonies for it to quit working completely, so may be not an option if you're hanging out in the woods a lot.

Mrvmax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2018
    Friendswood
    I just tried to go get the BOGO deal for an IPhone 8. Sorry, you need to add a line. F'k that, we have been customers since Cingular and have had two lines for 14yrs. Just ordered a Pixel last night and going to WalMart Family Plan. Oh and Direct TV still sucks after ATT bought them.

I was trying the same thing with the BOGO and was with them back to Cingular too. I also have them for home phone. I called and asked for the retention department. I told them Verizon would give me $150 on my phone for trade and $150 to switch and I wanted them to match that on an iPhone X or I would switch to Verizon. They gave me the $999 iPhone X for $549 (had to pay in full).

I’ve never had an issue with their cell service, my phone gets a signal where friends with Verizon and Sprint do not.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Verizon paid me $150 each (through a Prepaid Visa card) per line for 4 lines I brought over
    For those of you in Houston, that's $600

They also bought back my 4 Samsung Galaxy 7s for $150 each and I got 4 Otter Boxes, 4 portable power stations, 4 Invisible Glass screen protectors for $200, and then they waived the $120 activation fee, so I really only paid $80 for all of the accessories, on top of the $600 I'm getting

So I left there a happy camper.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've had their wireless service for 15 years.. that's 15 years of taking it in the shorts and putting up with them being so big, they don't care if you have a problem or not.

About 6 months ago, they changed something and my service went to nothing in my neighborhood. Numerous calls and complaints, even to the FCC and the only thing I got was "our engineers looked into it and there is no problem"

Well... AMFers

2 weeks ago, I got a Verizon burner phone and carried it around with me everywhere , including the hunting blinds to make sure it worked and it worked great, so now I had the fun of calling them up and cancelling and getting the bribes offered to me.

$200 gift card... $300 gift card.... ain't none of that worth not being able to send a text or make a call from my house or front yard.

BYE!

Where the hell do you live? Remote rural areas are the only places I dont get service.

I have had ATT for decades, and although I have not always liked the price, the service has been stellar.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Where the hell do you live? Remote rural areas are the only places I dont get service.

I have had ATT for decades, and although I have not always liked the price, the service has been stellar.

My house is on the west side of Abilene
    The signal used to be good till 6 months ago
    Couldn't send a picture text without it failing
    They moved an antenna or something
    They blamed it on a 'hole' my house sits in....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Everyone in my area that had ATT switched years ago due to dropped calls. I'm not a big fan of Verizon but they do have the best coverage.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County

Yes, a lot depends on the location. I'm in a rural area and can ping 9 ATT towers, 3 Sprint towers and 3 Verizon towers but no others. Carriers like T-Mobile don't service the area. I buy my phones and oddly enough I have Cricket (ATT subsidiary) which uses all the ATT towers and my two phones with high GB allocations are $90 a month with tax.

Telecom and cable companies will vary over time and location. My internet is a tower based system that worked great until a big conglomerate bought the small players and it went to crap. So another guy builds another tower based system based on the other vendor's poor service and I have an excellent signal/speed for a rural area with no data caps (I use around 400gb month due to work).

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I had Sprint from 1997 until about a couple years ago. Once I moved to West Texas, Sprint was the worst provider, with the least amount of signal. We changed the whole family over to AT&T a couple years ago and we were extremely happy until about 6 months ago. Now the best signal in Midland or Odessa is 3 bars, and once you headed out of town it faded fast. My work phone has always been Verizon, so I would keep them side by side comparing signals. There are only 2 places my AT&T phone worked better than my Verizon. The first is halfway between Hobbs, NM and Seminole, TX right about the state line. The other is in the little town of Lindsay, Oklahoma. I finally cancelled my AT&T phone last month and only carry my Verizon phone now.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've used Verizon for years (15+).
    I'm paying $204/mo for 2 lines and I think 5gb data.

ETA: I do use ATT at home, just upgraded to the 1000mbs internet .

Top Bottom