• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Wow. I've been on vacation since noon on Saturady and just logged on to TGT, and this is the first thing I come across. There must have been some interesting posts these past few days.

Alan...got your message, loud and clear.
    Guns International

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    peewee.jpg

I don't get it?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Wow. I've been on vacation since noon on Saturady and just logged on to TGT, and this is the first thing I come across. There must have been some interesting posts these past few days.

Actually DB, it's not a coincidence. There's something we need to tell you.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And you appear to be a very intelligent man so I know you wouldn't ask an off color question, therefore rendering this purely academic.

Plus you're skeered of Miz Ann.

Ah dunno 'bout the intelligent part - ah'm a feller what was raised with 4 sisters, an' am married.

Ah learned a LONG time ago ta NEVER raise the ire of a female - especially one that packs heat!

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    But my opinion IS more important yours!!!! :p

I like this forum. I do get tired of the petty sniping, however. Of course, I blame the internet. People are a lot tougher, meaner, smart-assier (word?), etc. when they're behind the safety of their keyboard.

The cure for a lot of this is a face-to-face. People tend to be much more polite once they've met someone face-to-face. Take DirtyD, for example. He's a big tough guy, and at first glance, might be a bit intimidating. But when you find out that he dresses up in high heals and pink taffeta, and goes by DirtyDiane on the weekends, he's not so tough. ;)

Seriously, I would like to see one change. This site draws a broad audience. I know in every class, I direct students to this site as a great source for gun, gun rights and CHL information. My students include women, preachers, and other people who may be a bit turned off by some of the language.

And no, Ngoc, I'm not asking to "censor" the group, but I would like to see a cap on dropping the F-bomb.

When someone posts a cool video and I see a response of, "That is so f#&%@#g cool!!!" I just cringe. It's not necessary. It's inconsiderate to the other readers, and it makes us look like children or stupid rednecks.

And before I get flamed for being a hypocrite, I'll be the first to tell you I curse as much as anyone. But there's a time and place for it. I don't believe a public forum used to further our 2nd Amendment cause is the place.

[RANT: OFF]

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well . . . . I know that my opinion is worth more than others . . . . Beccause I am right and you are right . . . if you agree with me. . . . and I have macheinguns . . . . that makes me more right . . . and suppressors . . . . even better . . . . . and GUURNADES! . . . . . . yeah man . . . . . GUUUUURNADES!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Well . . . . I know that my opinion is worth more than others . . . . Beccause I am right and you are right . . . if you agree with me. . . . and I have macheinguns . . . . that makes me more right . . . and suppressors . . . . even better . . . . . and GUURNADES! . . . . . . yeah man . . . . . GUUUUURNADES!

LOL.

Top Bottom