• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was talking about this with my dad earlier. He has some experience after spending about 10 years as the captain in his department. I won't say which one openly on the forum.

And yes, ticket revenue was becoming a big factor when he retired, one of the reasons he left. Ticket revenue could not be counted as part of the cities budget. So, the city figures it's budget, then figures what it can afford.

To figure what it can afford it looks at the budget, plus ticket revenue from the previous year. It plans the budget with certain projects underfunded then compensates that lack of funding with ticket revenue.

The amount of funding that is "shortchanged" is base on ticket revenue from the previous year and projected revenue for the next year. When needed, there is pressure to "insure public safety" through "zero tolerance programs" and such.

We arrived at the conversation after the guy at the parts guy at the ford house recognized his name and asked if he used to be a cop. Then if he remembered a red mustang that he was always pulling over for doing burn outs, racing, speeding, etc.

Dad said he shoulda quit driving like that and he coulda saved some money.

Parts guy "hell, you never have me a ticket"

Dad is getting a good deal on the part.

Anywho, there is your specific instance of ticket revenue being a factor in traffic enforcement.
    Texas SOT

ChrisS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    I was talking about this with my dad earlier. He has some experience after spending about 10 years as the captain in his department. I won't say which one openly on the forum.

And yes, ticket revenue was becoming a big factor when he retired, one of the reasons he left. Ticket revenue could not be counted as part of the cities budget. So, the city figures it's budget, then figures what it can afford.

To figure what it can afford it looks at the budget, plus ticket revenue from the previous year. It plans the budget with certain projects underfunded then compensates that lack of funding with ticket revenue.

The amount of funding that is "shortchanged" is base on ticket revenue from the previous year and projected revenue for the next year. When needed, there is pressure to "insure public safety" through "zero tolerance programs" and such.

We arrived at the conversation after the guy at the parts guy at the ford house recognized his name and asked if he used to be a cop. Then if he remembered a red mustang that he was always pulling over for doing burn outs, racing, speeding, etc.

Dad said he shoulda quit driving like that and he coulda saved some money.

Parts guy "hell, you never have me a ticket"

Dad is getting a good deal on the part.

Anywho, there is your specific instance of ticket revenue being a factor in traffic enforcement.

maybe if he would have ticketed him he would not have always been doing burns outs, speeding, etc. hopelully the guy did not hurt someone with all his speeding and getting away with it.

ChrisS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    A) I wasn't "talking shit". I'm much more sophisticated - I express sarcasm.
    B) I can't do the right thing? You don't know anything about me.
    C) You need to back up, remove chip from shoulder, and try again when speaking to people.

sarcasm is not sophisticated
    sarcasm

Houghton Mifflin

• [h=5]n.noun[/h]
      • A cutting, often ironic remark intended to express contempt or ridicule.
      • A form of wit characterized by the use of such remarks

it is talking shit by defintion. all I know about you is you are unoriginal. now go get me some more cow bell you hippie space cowboy knock off...how's that for sarcasm? or not.

Top Bottom