• ...and so much more!
  • franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Attn SAPD

Hey if any of y'all are SAPD, I have a question for you.

Back in August (could be July) of 2013 I submitted a report of theft. I tried to buy a firearm on Armslist and the seller ran off with my PO money order. Anyways, I am curious about the status of the case. Case #13150956

If someone could look this up for me and shoot me an email with the status, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Franz
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Bexar County Sheriff's Office Administration

The Central Records Division of the Sheriff’s Office provides to the public services under the “Texas Public Information Act” (Government Code, Chapter 552). For general inquiries or assistance, Central Records can be contacted at 210-335-6201.

For an Accident Report: Provide the exact date, location, and name of person involved in the accident. A case number is helpful, but not necessary.

For an Offense or Incident Report: Please provide either the case number or the date, location, and name of the complainant.

By Mail: Please submit with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and a money order made payable to: Sheriff, Bexar County. Mail to:

Bexar County Sheriff’s Office

Central Records, Reports Desk

200 N. Comal St.

San Antonio, TX 78207-3505

In Person: We are located at the Bexar County Adult Detention Center, 200 N. Comal St. Operating hours are Monday through Friday, excluding County holidays, from 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Don't waste your time. I'll bet my next lunch that not one single person has looked at that report since filed. SAPD is not interested in closing cases.

W

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't waste your time. I'll bet my next lunch that not one single person has looked at that report since filed. SAPD is not interested in closing cases.

W

I don't think the desire isn't there, it's just that if your theft case isn't solves within 48 hours or so it probably never will be. There are thousands of theft cases in any decent sized city every year and there just aren't enough resources to cover them all. Add to the fact they have other things to investigate, like robbery, rape, murder.... theft isn't high on the list.

Never seems to be a shortage of cops running radar, here, though!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I guess it would have been SAPD

Since it was fairly recent, you might also try the property crimes office at the substation that serves you.

Otherwise, you'll have to go through the Public Safety Headquarters...

SAPD Police Reports / Open Records

Obtaining Police Reports

The "Texas Public Information Act" (Government Code, Chapter 552) provides for public access to most government records and for sale of copies of such records, including Police Reports. The Transportation Code (550.065) addresses the release of accident reports and sets fees for copies. The Texas Administrative Code (1 TAC 111.16 - .70) also addresses the cost of copies of open records (fees charged to the public for each copy of a record). In addition, the Code of Ordinances, City of San Antonio, (Chapter 25, Article I, Sec. 25-6) sets the SAPD fees for record searches and reports. All fees are set to cover the actual costs of materials, labor, equipment and overhead in making the copies of reports available.

How to obtain reports

Request By Mail: Download the Police Report Request Form (PDF). Please submit with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and a money order payable to the City of San Antonio with your filled-out Police Report Request Form. Please mail your request to the San Antonio Police Department Records Office, 315 S. Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78207.

Request In Person: The Records Office sells copies of Police Reports to the public ONLY at SAPD Headquarters located at 315 S. Santa Rosa, San Antonio Texas from the hours of 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday - Friday.

To contact the Records Office by phone for additional information (reports cannot be ordered by phone), please call 210.207.7598.

Fee Schedule

Payment 315 S. Santa Rosa accepts cash, money orders, or checks; Link Centers also accept credit cards.

Police Reports:

Accident Reports $6.00
    Certified Accident Report $8.00 **
    Incident Report $0.10 per page for the first 50 pages (on-site reports)*
    Offense Reports $0.10 per page for the first 50 pages (on-site reports)*
    Police Surveys $18.00/hr (pro-rated) plus $0.10 per page
    Certification $2.00 extra
    Research fee (no case found) $2.00

* All reports more than 2 years old are stored in the Archives, which is located in an off-site storage facility. A charge of $18.00 an hour (pro-rated), plus 10 cents per page applies to all reports that have to be retrieved from the Archives. On-site report request more than 50 pages $18.00/ hr (pro-rated) Labor Fee in addition to report fees.

Last edited:

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't think the desire isn't there, it's just that if your theft case isn't solves within 48 hours or so it probably never will be. There are thousands of theft cases in any decent sized city every year and there just aren't enough resources to cover them all. Add to the fact they have other things to investigate, like robbery, rape, murder.... theft isn't high on the list.

Never seems to be a shortage of cops running radar, here, though!

I found the pricks that stole my $2900 aircraft gps selling it on Craigslist. When I called SAPD they informed me that I would have to call back on Monday since they don't work property on a weekend. Long story short, I went and took it back. Gave the cops everything and nothing! You could search their cell # on Craigslist and all sorts of electronics popped up. These guys were running a ring from UTSA and nothing was ever done. This is only one of five personal examples of why I feel the way I do about SAPD.

W

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I understand TXI but this guy watched me from a car for 30 minutes before pulling around. He then interviewed me for 10 more minutes before dispatching a text. Then a second car approached us and two more people walked up with the unit. These were not rookies. Even with all this info there was no desire for them to pursue the case. I had to go through a friend at UTSA and got the ring leader dismissed from the campus. I'm sure he's continuing his criminal career elsewhere.

W

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I found the pricks that stole my $2900 aircraft gps selling it on Craigslist. When I called SAPD they informed me that I would have to call back on Monday since they don't work property on a weekend. Long story short, I went and took it back. Gave the cops everything and nothing! You could search their cell # on Craigslist and all sorts of electronics popped up. These guys were running a ring from UTSA and nothing was ever done. This is only one of five personal examples of why I feel the way I do about SAPD.

W

Same story here. Different property.
    It's about insurance. Be glad no one was harmed. etc. etc.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    SAPD...no interest in crime because it doesn't profit the SAPD. Tickets, now...lots and lots of tickets...

Had a gun stolen a few years back. SAPD picked up an illegal two days later strutting down Riverwalk (can't bother the tourists, don'tcha know) with my pistol. They held him for thirty days and on his release were going to give him "his" pistol back when one of SAPD's finest thought to RUN THE SERIAL NUMBER. So they kept the gun and told the guy to come back in two weeks for a hearing on posession of a stolen gun.

Good plan. Released an illegal and told him to "come back later."

Four years later, they still won't release my gun because it is...evidence...on a illegal they released into the wild. The one lone detective I've been chatting with is incandescent with rage. Oh, but now he works patrol part time because...tickets make money...

Having played First Shirt in these parts and having actually dealt with victims (although military so they don't count in SA), the number of crimes that SAPD doesn't even bother rolling out for...drive-by shootings, break-ins, theft from habitation, theft from vehicles, vehicle accidents...astounded me. Information over the phone...but only on weekdays...and a mailed form "for insurance" eventually...

But gods damned Johnny on the fucking spot with the radar gun.

Not that I'm bitter ;)

Top Bottom