• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    So who out there is an Audiophile and what are you running for a setup?

I have always loved my Sony MDR-V600 headphones and they recently just got replaced by a set of Sony MDR-V6s. Not on the pinnacle of audio quality, but they have excellent audible range response and the sound is sharp and clear for being ran off my computer audio card (no headphone amp).

I was looking at some higher end Sennheisers but I was a bit afraid they wouldn't perform without an amplifier. Plus, I want to expand the home audio setup before I start delving off into the world of headphones.

For the home setup I have a mix of hand-me-downs. A Yamaha RX-V630 reciever, 2 Pioneer HPM60s for low end and mid range, and some Advent surrounds for directional and high end.

I want to build a good vinyl setup. I've used Numark, Gemini, and Technic turntables, and I'm pretty well sold on the Technic 1200 family. Does anyone have any comments on that?
    Capitol Armory ad

MikeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    I've been more into car audio then home audio on average.... Won 6th place at world finals for sound quality in '98 in my car.

At home I have a mix of so-so equipment... but these days it's more about the home theater then music (even though I still enjoy good music reproduction!).

I have mostly HK receivers in the house... including the media room. Also a pro series JBL 2 channel THX certifed amp and a 2 channel 31 band 1/3 octave EQ for stereo music.... Using Dynaudio speakers.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Nice, I've liked alot of what Harmon/Kardon does, but I've seen a drop in quality in the past few years in alot of their line. I haven't been able to check out their higher end stuff yet.

Nikolai

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    San Antonio
    If my gun budget was as big as my audio equipment budget, I'd be a state militia.

Set of Paradigms, set of B&W's, both pushed by an old school Denon amp. Sounds sick, I have new cracks in the dry wall to prove it.

And you can't go wrong with any pair of Sens.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I've got a mixed use system that works pretty well for it's intended use. I rarely even use it for audio only though.

Onkyo TH SR806 THX Ultra 2 receiver. Speakers are all Polk Audio. RTi8's up front, CSi A6 center, FXi3's for surrounds and rears (4) and the sub is an HSU VTF2 MK3. TV and movies are incredible. I never realized the audio tracks you don't get without a reciever with the right decoders but even audio, whether HD like Palladia or DVD's sound great especially when the reciever is switched to THX Music so a stage performance sounds like a stage performance. CD's, MP3 and FM sound really good as well, but I'm sure it might could be better with some dedicated audio componants. Or maybe even line out everything to a stack of amps. I know that would make a huge difference.

Top Bottom