• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hey all,
    I got permission to post this up thanks to Texcross. My neighborhood is hosting a bass tournament held on our main lake on August 28th (a Saturday) from 3PM to 7PM. There will be cash prizes for the three winners in each of the two divisions - boaters (manual or electric only, no gas engines) or bank anglers. I'll be fishing in it, and got recruited to help organize / advertise it. Our neighborhood is situated just west of old Magnolia off FM1488 and E. Lakeshore Drive

The official Facebook group is where the rules and updates are posted up:

Registration is $25 for bank anglers, $30 for boaters.

You can also register day-of and pay cash for the entry fee. Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the official start time.

Payouts are:

15% of the division entry fees for first place
    7% of the division entry fees for second place
    3% of the division entry fees for third place

The POA is hosting this as a fund raiser. Our lakes are normally not open to non-residents, but I got them to approve opening it up to anyone for this tournament.

There is no boat ramp, so I wouldn't try launching your Ranger or Skeeter, but kayaks, jon boats, and canoes are easy enough to launch if you go boater.

There's a good amount of bank, and myself and some of the neighbors are working to clear underbrush and open up more bank access as well.

This is a by-weight tournament, best 5-fish bag, with a 14 inch minimum per fish to weigh in. My personal best on this lake has been over 7lb. Lots of 3's and 4's and a few 5+ and the largest fish any of my neighbors has caught was an 11lb'er that he had mounted.

Bring a cooler or some way to keep the fish alive, as there is a penalty to weight for dead fish, and we're planning on releasing them all after weigh-in. My plan is a cooler with one of the aerators you can get in the fishing section at Wal-Mart that run on C or D batteries, with some ice floating to keep the fish healthy.

Some of my recent catches just to show case whats in there:

4vQW0EW.jpg

YWrhjZN.jpg

j7D9vka.jpg

STcXrxh.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads