• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    No experience with Bar None. Have used McBrides a couple of times and wasn't impressed with the customer service.

There's a fairly new shop out on Hwy 71 west near Cedar Creek called Brother's in Arms. It's only about 15 minutes east of the airport. Run by 2 young brothers recently back from the war. They do some gunsmithing and seem to know what's what. I recently took my wifes EDC piece in for some trouble shooting and work and was very pleased with their work and customer service.

Here's the website. Brothers in Arms

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Bar None put a pad on my Vanguard 30-06 and did a trigger job on my wife's SP101.
    Excellent workmanship and very reasonable charges. He's gets any work I need done that I'm not comfortable doing myself.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    Denton Tactical built my AK. Steve does great work. I've also used Bester Custom out on 290 for a trigger job and drilling and tapping. Very nice guy who did the work quickly and well.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Take a little ride down to New Braunfels and stop in "Hill Country Rifles". Ask for Justin McMillan. He's a former AMU (Army Marksmanship Unit) gunsmith who has built and rebuilt more 1911s and M9s in one year than most gunsmiths have done in their lifetime. He (Justin) was also head gunsmith for STI before coming to Hill Country. He also does superb rifle work, but his passion is pistols and revolvers (yes, he does awesome revolver work, too). I will vouch for him personally; he was building 1911s and working on other match pistols, including Hammerli, the Russian Toz, M41 S&Ws, etc, at FT Benning when I was a trigger puller on the AMU. He just finished building me a Marvel .22 for bullseye, on a Caspian frame. Hill Country is right off I35, exit 182.
    Bob

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Yeah Hank Fleming is good. He's also an Austin Rifle Club Officer so you can chat with him about joining the club as well :)

BIAWAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2016
    Thank you for the shout out, unfortunately we are no longer doing "normal" gunsmithing. We are only doing gunsmithing related to NFA/Class 3 weapons or special project builds. Fill free to check out the website it is linked above, on our contact page and membership page you can reach out to Rob he is our machinist and gunsmith.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thank you for the shout out, unfortunately we are no longer doing "normal" gunsmithing. We are only doing gunsmithing related to NFA/Class 3 weapons or special project builds. Fill free to check out the website it is linked above, on our contact page and membership page you can reach out to Rob he is our machinist and gunsmith.

To be clear (since the thread lists multiple smiths), this reply applies to Brothers in Arms.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Blackjack Gunsmithing is up in North Austin.

13045 Pond Springs Rd
    Unit B
    Austin, TX 78729

Done some trigger work and action polishing on my Savage .22 and some AR15 work as well. I will be having him thread my barrel on a Mech Tech CCU soon, for my suppressor. Very good Yelp reviews as well.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Blackjack Gunsmithing is up in North Austin.

13045 Pond Springs Rd
    Unit B
    Austin, TX 78729

Done some trigger work and action polishing on my Savage .22 and some AR15 work as well. I will be having him thread my barrel on a Mech Tech CCU soon, for my suppressor. Very good Yelp reviews as well.
    He did some customizing on my Ruger Super Blakhawk too. Good work & a good guy.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    My Mechtech CCU for my G21 is threaded and running .45 through the Osprey is an absolute giggle-fest!

Thump! Whap! Thump! Whap! Thump! Whap!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

palirwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Cedar Park, Tx
    I am totally biased, but my Dad is the only gunsmith I use. Jim Irwin @ Irwin Restorations in Cedar Park next door to Shady Oaks Gun Range. 512-294-6331.

Top Bottom