• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Austin Area - M1S 11.5" 5.56 pistol barrel and parts SPF

I have a pistol barrel and parts for sale.
    Has a few minor scuffs and handling dings but is in good shape otherwise and shot nicely for me.
    Barrel was bought from Model 1 sales and cost 220.00 plus tax and shipping.
    It is an 11.5" 5.56 NATO chamber with chrome lined barrel and chamber 1/9 carbine gas(smooth) medium heavy barrel.
    It came with the A2 sight tower - the sight tower is pinned with roll pins, not taper pins from M1S.
    Also included is a delta ring assembly, standard carbine foregrips with heat shields, a carbine gas tube and standard A2 brake/crush washer.
    If you go to the Model 1 Sales page for pistol barrels, it is the bottom one in the picture and the bottom one in the listing.
    It has a little over 250 rounds since new.
    Replacing it with a 458 Socom - some day....LOL!!

All you need is an upper receiver assy, BCG and charge handle to have a complete pistol upper.

I have about 300.00 in it, asking 200.00 shipped in Texas.
    PayPal gift or USPS MO.

m1sbarrel.jpg

Here is a shot of it mounted on the top pistol in picture when it had a quadrail foregrip on it.
    pistols.jpg

Last edited:

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    That one is going as a change of clothes for one of my registered SBRs. Always wanted an A2 style upper for it. Already have the rest of the furniture for it.

Sometimes I just like to change things up.

e2yjume2.jpg

Ohh...Nice!

I ran the pistol with a carry handle on the flattop when walking the fence line...made it handy!

Lately I've been packing the 6.8x43 pig pistol instead, that's the one in the bottom of the pic at the top of this topic.
    I put a new Sightmark Ultrashot Pro on it and it shoots well.
    It has a bit more stopping power with a 120gr SST or 95gr TTSX.
    I should be finished with the new 5.56 pistol upper next week.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    How do you like the GSE recoil kit? Is that the Gen 1 or Gen 2?

I hear they're hard to setup (getting the right springs) and picky in ammo.

Your experience?

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    How do you like the GSE recoil kit? Is that the Gen 1 or Gen 2?

I hear they're hard to setup (getting the right springs) and picky in ammo.

Your experience?

This is my second one.
    I bought it, strapped it on the 6.8 lower and ran it.
    It does take some break in time but all the components in that build were new so everything had to break in.
    After my initial experience with first one, I started with a Nickel Boron 6.8 SA BCG - the slickness and lighter weight help a lot.
    It only hiccupped 1 in 5 shots until it broke in, now it just runs but will balk on 85gr and 90gr bullets occasionally.

The first one was used on a 5.56 with 7" barrel and 6.8 with 8.5" barrel.
    The 5.56 just ran with everything I shoved in the mag except some 40gr Nosler BTs, I never tried steel cased ammo in it.
    I had some teething problems with the 6.8 but changing to a lighter NiB carrier solved the problem.
    I haven't changed or cut the GSE supplied spring in either - they have been building the shorty buffer for a while and have it down pretty well.

I have considered chucking a parkerized carrier into my lathe and making my own version of the Gen2 to utilize a carbine spring and existing Gen1 tube.
    May have to "customize" a hammer slightly to clear the buffer spring with it going that deep into the back of the upper receiver.
    Parts are coming back down to reasonable prices to spinning down a stripped carrier wouldn't break the bank!

I've done enough ARs now and made most of the building mistakes at least twice (or seven times!) so that if it's not working, I go back over the basics and so far, knock of wood, I haven't had to cut springs.

It does help if you have a standard lower with pistol buffer handy to get upper running and do sanity checks before you switch it over to the GSE equipped lower.

Should be a breeze for you, my friend!

EDIT: Added a shot of the upper I'm building to replace those two with Noveske 10.5" 1/7 carbine gas. Almost range time..
    noveske3.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom