• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misterO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Austin
    NAU'S ENFIELD DRUGS has a 51% sign on the front door. This one comes as a bit of a shock because I don't think they even have a liquor license. A tavern it ain't. Shame, because I've been loving that place since the early 80's.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    NAU'S ENFIELD DRUGS has a 51% sign on the front door. This one comes as a bit of a shock because I don't think they even have a liquor license. A tavern it ain't. Shame, because I've been loving that place since the early 80's.

If they are not 51% you can carry. The sign would be meaningless.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Bellini's in Cedar Park (off Parmer) has 30.06 and 30.07 posted.

Yep, and they have a "sorry, not sorry" reply to any attempts at informing them as well.

Hadn't been there in a couple of years since I don't usually set aside two hours for a meal(!); but I reckon I don't need to hurry back. Interesting that they would post both. Oh, well.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock

Sad news on this one:

that old place is gonna be shuttering soon.

Groundhog45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cedar Park, Texas
    Not a restaurant but two weeks ago Standard Pacific put up 30.07 and 30.06 in front of a model home, of all places. I didn't know that guns were a problem at model homes. This is in Cedar Park. I posted about it in our neighborhood Facebook page. Then I noticed on this last Thursday that the signs were no longer there. I guess they received some complaints from the neighbors. 20160413_120202.jpg

lsadfjlakjdfwalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016

I wonder what the penalty is for posting the wrong 51% sign.

I prefer a list to separate 30.06 and 30.07. For 30.07 I don't particularly care.

lsadfjlakjdfwalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    Getting lots of 30.07 notices in Austin, and 30.06s are now popping too. Cisco Systems just went 06/07. This legislation is turning into a real winner.
    Cisco really? Dunno where is is in Austin, is that a campuswide thing (lol is there a campus at all)? I wonder who's decision that was. I don't recall this type of restrictions at other campuses.
    Atlassian's entire floor is 30.06 & 30.07

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Cisco really? Dunno where is is in Austin, is that a campuswide thing (lol is there a campus at all)? I wonder who's decision that was. I don't recall this type of restrictions at other campuses.
    Between 183 and Parmer, off McNeil. They had 30.06 signs plastered all over the place long before 30.07 was a thing. The up side is that the vast majority of people that work there actually work from home so it doesn't really effect them, but it really stinks for visitors.

That's a bummer. I've never been, but I hear they have a bartender on staff after 5pm.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I wonder what the penalty is for posting the wrong 51% sign.

For a non-TABC licensed business, nothing. It's not illegal... it's just not legally binding.

California company.

Australian company.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    What about for a TABC licensed business? Do they actually report percentage to TABC? How often? No penalty for a 50% posting a 51% sign?

That wasn't what you asked about. You asked about a nonlicensed business posting a 51% sign. That's not illegal and they're not governed by TABC.

Any other licensed premise must post correct signage. Failure to do so is an administrative violation of the ABC.

Their revenue is, in fact, reported so that compliance status and signage can be updated.

manywelps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2016
    Sorry, CA evacuee here, but is there a good guide for identifying if 30.06 and 30.07's are legit?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Sorry, CA evacuee here, but is there a good guide for identifying if 30.06 and 30.07's are legit?

The requirements in the penal code are the best guide:

1" letters, english and spanish, with the english matching the wording in the penal code and the signs posted as required (30.07 requires posting every entrance, 30.06 does not)

30.06 and .07 can also be verbal or via a written/printed document given to you

In any case, the intent is noted. It roughly translates "please spend money somewhere else."

manywelps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2016
    Wait... so if you have a mall, and there's a 30.06 at one of the 20 entrances, you're boned without knowing it?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom