Austin Auctions: Dec 7th (Anderson Mill)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I hate to think I might be inviting competition but if you're in Austin there is a large auction at Austin Auctions the first weekend in December with lots and lots (60+) C&R-type firearms from rifles to handguns to shotguns. Google them, browse their catalog... and if you're going, PM me and I'll say hello on Saturday.

Note - if you have an 01/03 FFL, bring a signed copy (and perhaps your original) - they do require FFL transfer to receive firearms for this auction, apparently the seller or owner of the collection is somehow requiring this (it has NOT been a requirement in past auctions of other sellers).

I'm not an employee or seller - just another bidder you'd compete with - but I've bought here before and been very happy (not firearms, just furniture, etc.).

-- Mike

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    They do allow online bids but I'm hesitant to do it... have to look at stuff first to see the actual condition because I trust these listings less than sellers elsewhere because there's no guarantee they actually know guns.

I should also note the last auction I went to here the Discovery Channel was filming and some of the auction TV stars were there and bidding which may increase the price of some bids/items, etc. Not sure about this one.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So do you think there price estimates are fair,low or high ? on all the firearms ?

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So do you think there price estimates are fair,low or high ? on all the firearms ?

From what I can see they are pretty much spot on in their estimates. At least for what you might find it for online or at a shop. Some of their estimates are pretty good. I am really curious what some things end up going for. I have a feeling something will come home with me. Ha.

Some things they haven't estimated, but I don't blame them. http://austinauction.hibid.com/cata...ATROOPER+CARBINE&selCat=0&submit=Refresh+List This for example could end up going for a lot. I saw one sell for over $4000 not that long ago.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    From what I can see they are pretty much spot on in their estimates. At least for what you might find it for online or at a shop. Some of their estimates are pretty good. I am really curious what some things end up going for. I have a feeling something will come home with me. Ha.

I've seen their estimates be really low most of the time. It's a pretty large auction so there's often a lot of action on the prized items and firearms definitely get action, no pun intended.

Top Bottom