Texas SOT

Austin Auctions: Dec 7th (Anderson Mill)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Wow, I'll definitely have to go to the next one.

Going to work on getting my c&r to make it out to the next one

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Just FYI, I've been following them for a year (you can sign up for email notifications of auctions and catalogs) and this was the largest cache I'd seen, probably because it was a consignment auction right before Christmas. I've seen pieces here and there in estate auctions, but you could definitely tell there was action on the firearms and the auction staff noticed.

As expected, they have an 01 FFL business at the same location so they can do the 4473's and transfers right there if you don't have your C&R FFL, but the C&R FFL makes it so much easier (not having to do a 4473 per weapon).

I will say this: if you have your 03 FFL (C&R), make sure YOU know the rules because while they're friendly, they're not completely quick on what qualifies and what doesn't and if you're not careful you could walk out with a non-C&R rifle with the wrong paperwork - know your dates and go to the inspection dates/times to verify the make, model and serial numbers... and do the research on your own. It'd be bad to walk out with a 1965 "Model 1950" rifle because they thought it qualified and it didn't.

Top Bottom