• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Mark this date down folks and place your bets. How long will it take Austin to look like LA or San Fran? I'll shoot from the hip and say zero to people pooping on the sidewalk shithole in one year.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I need to call a cousin that lives there. She's a flaming liberal. I bet she is all for what looks good on paper without thought on reality.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Have relatives in Austin as well, pretty left leaning. There is indeed a reason many of us in other arts of Texas refer to it as Moscow on the Colorado.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    When will these twats learn that you can't "solve" homelessness. There will always be people who, for whatever reason, choose to be homeless or to remain homeless. SJWs who want to "engineer" solutions will never understand that the best you can do is to minimize the impact of homelessness on the rest of society--meaning keep putting the squeeze on vagrants & beggars in whatever way you can.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I lived in Austin from 1995 to 2001. Loved it, but even then, the homeless population was sad.

We used to play pool at Buffalo Billiards until late, every Thursday night, and then hit Jack n The Box or Whataburger on Lamar or Congress afterwards. 3 in 4 nights/mornings, somebody would walk up to you when waiting in the drive thru line, and say, "Can you spare a few bucks for some food?"

Every single time that happened, I responded with, "Sure, tell me what you want and I'll order it and take care of it for you." Sometimes I'd add that I'd get something for their friends or their dog, if they had one... In almost 6 years, way more than 100 times, exactly 3 people took me up on it... most simply wanted money for whatever, but not food.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I lived in Austin from 1995 to 2001. Loved it, but even then, the homeless population was sad.

We used to play pool at Buffalo Billiards until late, every Thursday night, and then hit Jack n The Box or Whataburger on Lamar or Congress afterwards. 3 in 4 nights/mornings, somebody would walk up to you when waiting in the drive thru line, and say, "Can you spare a few bucks for some food?"

Every single time that happened, I responded with, "Sure, tell me what you want and I'll order it and take care of it for you." Sometimes I'd add that I'd get something for their friends or their dog, if they had one... In almost 6 years, way more than 100 times, exactly 3 people took me up on it... most simply wanted money for whatever, but not food.
    Walk up to my truck window at a drive through after midnight and it will be a different reaction than the one you gave them;)

But then again, I don’t use drive through.

Top Bottom