• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pistol Whipped

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Kyle, Texas
    The list gunbroker.com has of FFL holders is a good resource. I finally got sick and tired of the lousy service and attitude I kept getting from Reds Indoor Range that I found a guy in Buda through gunbroker.com who has a FFL and now I do all my purchases and transfers through him. Too bad for Red's because they lost a good customer when I walked out on them. I figured after spending several thousand dollars there over the last year it shouldn't be too much to expect a "thank you" once in a while. Instead they just snarl at you.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The list gunbroker.com has of FFL holders is a good resource. I finally got sick and tired of the lousy service and attitude I kept getting from Reds Indoor Range that I found a guy in Buda through gunbroker.com who has a FFL and now I do all my purchases and transfers through him. Too bad for Red's because they lost a good customer when I walked out on them. I figured after spending several thousand dollars there over the last year it shouldn't be too much to expect a "thank you" once in a while. Instead they just snarl at you.

When did you go to Red's and whom did you deal with? Can you describe them?

Pistol Whipped

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Kyle, Texas
    The service there had always been on the cold side but they were at a convenient location for me so I tolerated it. But the last time for me was back in February. I was interested in a 1911 that was priced at $1200 and I wanted to inspect the pistol a little closer, I was very interested in buying it. The older gentleman with the white beard was at the end of the counter where the rental pistols are and he was just too engrossed in reading the newspaper to pay any attention to me. When he finally realized that I wasn’t going to leave he acted very put-out and as if he was really doing me a big favor to assist me. I thanked him and he went back to his newspaper. I then went to Tex-Guns and ordered the very same gun through them and have boycotted Reds ever since.

AReed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I don't know if he's already been mentioned, but I found Adrien Chopin FFL through the Austin Rifle Club forum. He charges $6/transfer. He was in Pflugerville near Red's, but moved up to Round Rock I hear.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Chopin has not been mentioned yet, he is who i use.

Two important things though

1: He has upped his fee's to a whopping $10 ( but its up to $30 i believe ) so you can order 3 guns or 10 it is the same price.

2: Last time i went he was in the process of moving so I assume by now he is at a new address.

My shooting buddies and I have used him for probably 30 transfers, all went smooth and he is a very nice and professional younger gentleman.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    i normally do transfers for $20, unless you are a texasguntalk.com member then it is $10.

I know I am knew here but I went to Spreadfire b/c I saw this thread. Not only was he willing to do the FFL but he ended up being able to save me $30 on the lower I was looking for. I will def be shoping here again.

Hunter

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Chopin has not been mentioned yet, he is who i use.

Two important things though

1: He has upped his fee's to a whopping $10 ( but its up to $30 i believe ) so you can order 3 guns or 10 it is the same price.

2: Last time i went he was in the process of moving so I assume by now he is at a new address.

My shooting buddies and I have used him for probably 30 transfers, all went smooth and he is a very nice and professional younger gentleman.

Just did a transfer with him at the new location in Round Rock. Absolutely seamless...great communication. I highly recommend this guy.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Just did a transfer with him at the new location in Round Rock. Absolutely seamless...great communication. I highly recommend this guy.
    How much was the transfer fee? Is he in a store front, or from home?

Thanks...

I had a guy out in NC that charged $10 for first item, and $5 for each additional on the same order...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Adrien Chopin is probably the cheapest transfers in the area, but here are a couple more to check out:

Austin Gun Liquidators (probably my favortie store in the area)
    2000 Picadilly Drive
    Austin, TX 78728
    (512) 989-8552
    FFL Transfer Fee: $25

Mooney's Firearms
    8313 Ironweed Run
    Round Rock, TX 78681-3597
    (512) 971-3569
    FFL Transfer Fee: $20

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support