• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Gts has the best price. They only charge $10 per firearm. They can take a long time to process the transfer, but for a few extra bucks they will expedite the process.
    gts charges $15 now

Old Cannon is in Pflugerville and does inexpensive transfer fees. I've used him many times. Has charged me $10 every time. Your mileage may vary.

The Old Cannon Armory
    Yes, he is awesome.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Who has reasonable rates on transfers in Austin these days?

Most of the people I was working with are either not around anymore or charging 3x what they used to.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Yeah, I am pretty happy with anything $20 or below.

Thanks for the heads up ricklovesbacon. Anybody know anyone a little more north?

Col Sanders

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    copy/paste a post from April:

2 in the Leander area

Mat Unruh
    Round2brass
    round2brass.com
    admin@round2brass
    512-529-9440

If I remember correctly he was $25, I *think* he gives discount for CHL

Scott Post
    512-844-0715
    $15/$10 CHL

no clue if prices have changed

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    I do transfers at my house in Waco for $20 per firearm. The 10 minutes work is not the problem. Its receiving shipments at a residential site. I have to go pick up a lot of them since I'm not at home all the time. I do the transfers by appointment only. I used to discount some, but I am retired and do more of them than I want to at this price. If receiving packages was not an issue, it would be great, but I don't want a store front. JMHO

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    The Hardware Store, in the shopping center at Spicewood Springs and 183. It's a real True Value Hardware store, but has a small section that sells ammo and a few gun related items. They did my FFL transfer last week for $25.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Holy crap batman! I picked up two stripped lowers from PSA from my FFL today. First time I've used Central Texas Gunworks in Austin and I'll definitely be back!

Regular: $20 per ITEM
    CHL: $15 per ITEM

But, get this! While I was filling out the 4473 (one form, two items), they asked me if I was a "Texas Law Shield" member. I am. That qualified me for half off the CHL rate, so $7.50/item for a total of $15.

Personally I wish it were one fee per 4473 since you can have up to five items on a single 4473, but that's completely their discretion and they need to make money so I won't argue with that. Given the 50% discount for TLS members, though, I'll be running everything through them from now on.

BTW, I tracked the Fedex to them and got the notification it was delivered this morning. They called me around noon to let me know they were ready to pick up. GREAT service and very friendly.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Holy crap batman! I picked up two stripped lowers from PSA from my FFL today. First time I've used Central Texas Gunworks in Austin and I'll definitely be back!

Regular: $20 per ITEM
    CHL: $15 per ITEM

But, get this! While I was filling out the 4473 (one form, two items), they asked me if I was a "Texas Law Shield" member. I am. That qualified me for half off the CHL rate, so $7.50/item for a total of $15.

Personally I wish it were one fee per 4473 since you can have up to five items on a single 4473, but that's completely their discretion and they need to make money so I won't argue with that. Given the 50% discount for TLS members, though, I'll be running everything through them from now on.

BTW, I tracked the Fedex to them and got the notification it was delivered this morning. They called me around noon to let me know they were ready to pick up. GREAT service and very friendly.

Too bad Central Texas Gunworks is in far south Austin or i'd be giving them a shout.

Top Bottom